Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Best emollient cream  (Read 312 times)

Hannahlou

Best emollient cream
« on: June 23, 2024, 04:30:31 PM »

I’m just starting to notice changes ‘down there’. Some shrinkage and a lot less lubrication.

Don’t have any discomfort as yet, but I have a doctors appointment on 3rd July to discuss possibilities.

I’m noticing the skin on the outside is getting dry so wondered what is the best emollient to use while I wait for my appointment. I have some yes vm, but not felt the need to use it inside yet, although a few of my friends have advised to start to prevent things progressing

Any advice would be welcomed 😀

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best emollient cream
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 05:52:31 PM »

Yep.  If your friends have experience then use it!   Also do read the vaginal atrophy threads on the Forum - make notes ;-)

Maltesers

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 05:56:38 PM »

I’ve been using Hydromol for washing and for moisturising externally through the day. It’s fabulous.

Hannahlou

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 06:34:42 PM »

Yep.  If your friends have experience then use it!   Also do read the vaginal atrophy threads on the Forum - make notes ;-)

Thanks CLKD, always there with your wisdom. I shall have a read, thank you ☺️

Hannahlou

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2024, 06:36:59 PM »

I’ve been using Hydromol for washing and for moisturising externally through the day. It’s fabulous.

Thanks for your reply Maltesers. There are so many different ones I don’t know where to start.

We do have some doublebase that we keep in for when our daughter visits.

She uses it for her eczema and always forgets to bring it with her. I was wondering if to try that??

Thought I would ask if there was one particular that is favoured 😀

Hannahlou

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024, 06:38:01 PM »

I use dove sensitive bar for washing at the moment. Used it for many years and it’s really good, but noticing a little dryness starting

Abc123

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2024, 06:55:07 PM »

I used Yes VM internally and externally while trying to work out what was going on and until my apot. I needed to use it quite a few times a day until I started treatment. I was so naive at that point, I thought vaginal dryness was only a problem with sex. I couldn't understand why I cracked inside and out and bled every time I moved. Came on so quickly!

No experience with any other emollient sorry but I hope you get some good treatment from your GP soon.

I used a 2.5ml syringe and managed to draw the liquid up in the syringe from the little opening of the tube. That was cheaper than buying their syringes. Then a good smear on the outside so it was always hydrated.

Hannahlou

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2024, 08:13:16 PM »

I used Yes VM internally and externally while trying to work out what was going on and until my apot. I needed to use it quite a few times a day until I started treatment. I was so naive at that point, I thought vaginal dryness was only a problem with sex. I couldn't understand why I cracked inside and out and bled every time I moved. Came on so quickly!

No experience with any other emollient sorry but I hope you get some good treatment from your GP soon.

I used a 2.5ml syringe and managed to draw the liquid up in the syringe from the little opening of the tube. That was cheaper than buying their syringes. Then a good smear on the outside so it was always hydrated.

I ordered 6 of the pre filled applicators just to try earlier on in the year, but not tried them yet. Little bit nervous I may react to them as I have very sensitive skin elsewhere and react to many things. So thinking may be the same there as well.

I don’t feel any different down there at the moment, but noticed less lubrication than normal over the last few weeks and things look different, thinner than usual.

Friends tell me it’s a good idea to start the moisturiser now until my appointment early in July. Then possibly start local oestrogen to prevent anything progressing.

The syringe is a good idea though. The only way for me to find out if it’s any good for me is to try it out I suppose and see what happens. Hopefully I won’t have a reaction🤞.

Thanks for your reply 😀