Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can I safely halve ultrogestan dose?  (Read 298 times)

Abs75

Can I safely halve ultrogestan dose?
« on: June 28, 2024, 06:11:14 AM »

I’m just wondering if I can take 1x 100mg ultrogestan tablet with my Evorel 25 patch instead of the prescribed 2 as it seems very high for such a low dose of oestrogen?

sheila99

Re: Can I safely halve ultrogestan dose?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 08:10:48 AM »

Every day or cyclically? It's a low oestrogen dose so it may well be OK but no one can tell you categorically that it will be. If you go down this route it might be wise to arrange you own scans to make sure the lining isn't building up.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 10:40:34 AM »

Hello Abs75.

I agree with Sheila but I thought that 100mg of Utrogestan was suitable for up to four pumps of gel which is the equivalent of  a 50 mg  patch.
I am using a Sandrena gel sachet at the moment and my prescription is for one 100mg Utrogestan at night.

I hope this is helpful and take care

K..

jacig1957

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 12:17:09 PM »

I’m kind of wondering about utrogesten too? I’ve just had a scan showing my thickening is at 10mm.
I’m currently using 1 pump eustrogen daily and using utrogestan vaginally cyclically for 12 days, every 3 months.
I understand that’s probably too long and not the suggested method nowadays.

My GP has suggested I start to take double the dose 200 mg of utrogesten EVERY night.
I have horrible side effects when using it and can’t bear the thought of taking it every night.

Can any of you ladies already on a cyclical programme, tell me what works for you?

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 12:59:35 PM »

It's a bit different for me because I don't have my uterus any more so I don't have to worry about that side of things. But I found taking it every night was too much and I get on very well with taking it orally every other night. If you were to try this it would still be a lot more than what you are used to taking so might be enough to keep down your lining. Maybe though you need to battle through a high dose for a short while just to have a good clean out if that makes sense!

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2024, 04:59:38 PM »

I’m kind of wondering about utrogesten too? I’ve just had a scan showing my thickening is at 10mm.
I’m currently using 1 pump eustrogen daily and using utrogestan vaginally cyclically for 12 days, every 3 months.
I understand that’s probably too long and not the suggested method nowadays.

My GP has suggested I start to take double the dose 200 mg of utrogesten EVERY night.
I have horrible side effects when using it and can’t bear the thought of taking it every night.

Can any of you ladies already on a cyclical programme, tell me what works for you?
When was the scan in relation to the bleed? If it was just after the bleed it would be worrying. I believe it can naturally be up to 16mm before a bleed though yours may have been too thick for longer than on a natural cycle. Incidentally the recommend dose is 200mg x 12days for sequi, 100 if used every night (though I think they have recently increased it). I have a bad reaction to it and use 2x 10 or 12 days (depending on how bad I am) on a 6 week cycle. I'm not even sure this is safe long term but my natural cycle was 6 weeks so hoping it's OK for now. If you can't cope with it every day perhaps you could use a 28 day cycle at least until it's back to normal? Your docs suggestion is probably best to thin it. I'm assuming you're meno? They told me there's a slightly increased risk in endometrial cancer if you stay on sequi. For me 200 isn't much different to 100 but it builds up, I can cope with 8 days then I turn into a zombie.