Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Period Pain but 28 days late - No HRT  (Read 270 times)

Sarahkins

Period Pain but 28 days late - No HRT
« on: June 23, 2024, 09:54:22 PM »

Is it normal to have period pain but no.period? I'm trying to understand what might be going on hormonally. My GP isn't treating me for perimenopause but I feel like I may be in peri. The posts I've found relating to this were from others on HRT so I'm just wondering what's happening to cause period like pain but still no period?
As the title says I'm now 28 days late and since last year have had months where my period goes missing. I'm 42, get occasional night sweats and have pretty bad anxiety most of the time.

Just wondering what my hormones might be doing when this happens! Would it be caused by low oestrogen? I get dizziness and feel off balance at certain times too...

Susie B

Re: Period Pain but 28 days late - No HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 09:39:16 AM »

Recently I sometimes get this a few days before my period starts... maybe it will start soon. Purely anecdotal but sometumes exercise can get things going for me...

Sarahkins

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 09:37:27 PM »

Hi Susie, I also get pain before a period usually but the pain occured almost two weeks ago now  (lasted for a few days and then subsided) but still no period.

I haven't tried exercise in that way before. I've been doing some fairly physical work to redecorate the house though!

I'm just wondering if a missed period is caused by low oestrogen or what exactly is happening to hormones when this occurs. It might help me to understand my other symptoms if I could track fluctuations. I think I'll have to go back to the GP and hope they don't dismiss me again!

Susie B

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 07:18:43 AM »

its hard wondering... I've had random pains in the middle of the moth sometimes and thought it might be late ovulation or a a cycst but I guess that's a bit different from period cramping. Good luck with your GP, lay it on thick with them my friend says and she's a GP..

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 08:57:21 AM »

I've read on here a number of times that women who are in meno and not on hrt get pmt symptoms at the time they'd be due a period and then the symptoms go away and no bleed. I am still in peri and was on cyclical hrt and it happened to me one month as well - sore boobs, cramps for a days then nothing. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Sarahkins

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 09:37:33 PM »

I read some of these posts too so agree that it does seem fairly common. I think I need to get used to the idea that I'm peri and not being constantly questioning if I am or not.

The doubts my GP had have stayed with me so I'm constantly questioning, am I or aren't I perimenopausal? The added complications of severe anxiety, recent bereavement and work related stress just make the symptoms harder to work out.

Everything does seem to point to a fairly standard experience of peri now though. Like you say Susie I will have to lay it on thick with the GP!