Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: anyone sucessful in getting Vagifem prescribed and not Vagirux -I'm Worried  (Read 759 times)

pepperminty

Hi,

The Gp has now changed everyone's prescription from  vagifem to Vagirux. Can I get it changed back if I have a reaction? I have a very sensitive V.

PMXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I would speak to the Practice Manager and explain that many have not had such successful results.  It's probably about cost.  However if 1 does have a reaction the surgery should give you Vagifem.  MayB go to the desk and ask the question B4 your script needs changing, laying it on thick that you find Vagifem suitable for your condition.

Recently, as an aside, I reacted badly to a cheaper anti-depressant and had no problems getting what I'm used to taking.

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayesha

There have been posts on here about having reactions to Vagirux. I would say give it a try and if like the other members you don't get on with it, ask to be put back onto Vagifem and the reason why.
You might get on with it, you don't know until you try.

merrygoround

I get a generic prescription for 24 estradiol pessaries then the pharmacy give me either vagifem, vagirux or Sun Pharma depending on what they stock.
I've found out where always stocks vagifem and that's now where I take my prescription to.

If I take it to the pharmacy attached to the GPs I get vagirux and they are my least favourite because they don't have enough applicators!

Can you try another pharmacy?
I'm fairly sure the difference is they don't have to offer the branded one if it doesn't suit them to.
Even if it's a generic prescription you can still get the branded product, but only if they have it.

pepperminty

I would speak to the Practice Manager and explain that many have not had such successful results.  It's probably about cost.  However if 1 does have a reaction the surgery should give you Vagifem.  MayB go to the desk and ask the question B4 your script needs changing, laying it on thick that you find Vagifem suitable for your condition.

Recently, as an aside, I reacted badly to a cheaper anti-depressant and had no problems getting what I'm used to taking.

Let us know how you get on.

Thankyou CLKD,

I went into panic mode  for reasons too many to go into - I can't change what I use . I have spoken to the receptionist who wanted to know why I am refusing to change and she said " oh I see what you mean". So hopefully they will change it back, and will call me if they need further clarification. Yes it is a cost saving exercise. If the worse comes to the worse I will go to a private consultant and get him to write a letter to the GP.

They don't realise the upset and trauma this can cause for those with severe sensitivities /  VA. 

PMXX

CLKD

Well done  :medal:  let us know how you get on.  If we don't ask etc..  But it shouldn't be THIS hard to get what our bodies require.  Would 'they' refuse diabetic or heart condition treatments ?

Mariab

Hi,
I also had a bad reaction to a cheaper brand of anti depressants and they switched back....
Wish things were just left alone..vagifeme has been great for me :)

CLKD

I had that recently Mariab!  Drugs changed without problems, phew!

Mariab

::I know ot very unsettling isn't it..now I'm going to have to check pills everytime ::)

Peripurple

I just emailed my surgery and they changed it

buffy26

I also wasn't getting on with the generic, Vagifem works for me. My GP said it was all swapped  to save on costs. The ingredients are supposed to be the same, but I wonder if there are additional bulking agents or maybe less of the magic ingredient to save on costs. I was swapped back, no questions asked.