Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tibolone different brands  (Read 263 times)

Furyan

Tibolone different brands
« on: June 21, 2024, 03:46:52 PM »

Hi ladies

Just wondering whether anyone has had experience of different brands of Tibolone? I remember one lady once saying she found that Livial was better for her than a generic brand but no other discussions around this.

Reason I’m asking is that I asked the GP to give me a trial of Tibolone whilst my low B12 symptoms settle through treatment. I feel fairly settled on Evorel/Cyclogest but, with increased memory and self organisation issues worsened by low B12, it’s difficult to comply with taking 4 different HRT components. I need a break from all the management as I feel overwhelmed by it all.

Once settled on B12 treatment, my aim would be to return to my usual regime.

Thanks all

Violetta808

Re: Tibolone different brands
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 05:03:30 PM »

I haven't tried the branded Livial but I am taking tibolone. They are supposed to be exactly the same active ingredient plus various fillers. That said, so far each of my generic monthly packs has been from from a different manufacturer - I've not noticed any difference, apart from the blister packs starting on different days of the week which is mildly annoying! I am getting on really well with it though and it suits me much better than Everol + utro. I hope it works well for you, if you do try it.

Furyan

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2024, 08:09:46 AM »

I haven't tried the branded Livial but I am taking tibolone. They are supposed to be exactly the same active ingredient plus various fillers. That said, so far each of my generic monthly packs has been from from a different manufacturer - I've not noticed any difference, apart from the blister packs starting on different days of the week which is mildly annoying! I am getting on really well with it though and it suits me much better than Everol + utro. I hope it works well for you, if you do try it.

Thank you Violetta - I spent months researching Tibolone as a viable alternative to my current regime and have seen such mixed responses to it. I think that, given my sensitivities in general, I’d prefer to go for the same brand for consistency as I seem to remember some ladies on here previously saying it was an issue. Glad it isn’t for you though - I feel encouraged to hear you say it works for you  :)

Fizwhizz

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 10:12:59 AM »

I’m really curious about Tibolone as having cleared previous HRT from my system I feel I’m missing some benefits but not the spiking oestrogen. I’m currently on the journey to try get my thyroid function improved though as was diagnosed with Hashimotos so that’s another spanner in the works. I’m feeling pretty rubbish at the moment. I have no motivation or get up and go. Watching this post with interest. Good luck ladies.

Furyan

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024, 02:24:13 PM »

I’m really curious about Tibolone as having cleared previous HRT from my system I feel I’m missing some benefits but not the spiking oestrogen. I’m currently on the journey to try get my thyroid function improved though as was diagnosed with Hashimotos so that’s another spanner in the works. I’m feeling pretty rubbish at the moment. I have no motivation or get up and go. Watching this post with interest. Good luck ladies.

Thanks Fizzwhizz - I’m also hypothyroid and the whole lot went pear shaped when I was fully in menopause. Waking nightmare when I ‘crashed’ and the NHS turned its back because I dared to consult privately on alternative thyroid treatment and B12. Another battle for another day… :o

I do benefit from oestrogen but calibrating it along with the other separate HRT components can feel too much when trying to balance more critical things like thyroid and b12. Out of the most simplified regimes I figured Tibolone because of its supposed benefits on mood too, which I’ve suffered horrendously with my health conditions lately.

Fizwhizz

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024, 04:32:18 PM »

This is me too
Furry, all gone pear shaped now in menopause. Trying to balance HRT in peri with undiagnosed hypothyroidism (Hashimotos) never happened so after 5 years I gave up. I had a 6 month spell of feeling good ish but now started thyroid meds and until I get those optimised I’m snookered. I just feel so flat and ‘meh’ I really can’t be bothered with anything, even eating, I have no appetite and just can’t be bothered with food. It’s so alien as I used to be a doer and able to push myself.