Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Metallic taste&blood  (Read 393 times)

Sag69

• First Flush
Metallic taste&blood
« on: June 20, 2024, 06:56:31 PM »

Hi ladies
Just wondering if anyone as had a metallic taste randomly appear in mouth then blood,,
I’m 55 and got 3 days to go until I’ve done 12 months without a period!
What a journey it’s been got to be the most horrendous time of my life😢
One thing after another to worry about & now this
I’m worried sick again 😢

Bella247

Re: Metallic taste&blood
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 10:01:04 PM »

I had a metallic taste a few years back. I have no idea to this day where it came from but it was horrific. It comes back every now and then and my mouth often feels sore. Things i found helped were using a toothpaste with no SLS and a dry mouth spray I got from boots (their own brand).  My GP was horrible to me about it and said metallic taste cannot possibly be because of perimenopause (a cursory google shows it does) I’m  not sure about the bleeding as I was still having periods at the time. Sorry not to be much help but I wanted to let you know that the metallic taste just went away (because at the time I thought I was stuck with it forever).

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 07:22:05 AM »

I've had that metallic taste too,mine was down to  reflux,another delightful symptom of menopause

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024, 08:17:20 AM »

Read on an estrogen group I'm on in FB yesterday that metallic taste can be due to thyroid. Have you had yours checked?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 01:42:21 PM »

Interesting.  My first thought was to change your toothpaste as suggested by Bella247.

Some patients on chemotherapy have a metallic taste ........... also making sure to use tip-pe round the gums of each tooth to clear out debris which a brush might not reach.  I have an odd sense of taste and it's usually helped by extra tip-pe applications ;-).

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 02:06:19 PM »

Hello Sag69 and welcome to the forum.

I had a metallic taste in my mouth during the early months of my first pregnancy, it was definitely hormonal on that occasion! It went after a while and didn't return even in my second pregnancy.

I can't recall if I also had this symptom earlier in my meno journey ( hard to be sure as I've had quite a range unfortunately) but I did develop nausea which seemed like morning sickness which, bizarrely I didn't have in either pregnancy.

I'm willing to bet that your metallic taste is just another one of those less well known meno  symptoms and that it will resolve  before too long.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Sag69

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 02:55:28 PM »

Thank you all