Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Please help! Itchy all over vulva/ perineum/ anal area  (Read 10179 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Please help! Itchy all over vulva/ perineum/ anal area
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2023, 06:44:57 PM »

This is a thread that was made for anybody to discuss VA. You may find it reassuring to browse it and know you are not alone. :)

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html

Champers101

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2023, 06:59:17 PM »

Thank you very much to you both. I haven’t really had any urinary issues (a slight burn after peeing sometimes and a lot of urgency and ‘fake full bladder’ which turned out to be anxiety related). The idea of lying spreadeagled on the bed letting air get to the bits sounds like heaven :-)

Isn’t Savlon an antiseptic dream?

Very reassuring that the symptoms can move around

Thanks Flossie - diving straight in now!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2023, 07:50:41 PM »

A small amount of 'savlon' eases symptoms for me on the outer labia. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2023, 08:25:20 AM »

Isn’t Savlon an antiseptic dream?

and probably is.  Personally i wouldn't go down that rabbit hole. A GP or clinic should be able to swab for anything bacterial.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2023, 10:40:09 AM »

How is everyone this morning, did U sleep at all?

My bladder feels edgy  >:(.  Need to take some Nurofen once my breakfast has gone down. 

When I have a bad panic attack, as I come out of it my bladder empties itself of copious amounts every 10 mins for several hours.  That's when I know that the anxiety is receding.

Tendencies

• First Flush
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2024, 05:30:02 PM »

Hi Champers101

Did this ever get resolved? Did you get a true diagnosis? It sounds exactly like what I have, sudden onset, insane night time itchiness/throbbing, the itch moving around from anus to perineum to labia, no apparent vaginal involvement etc.  Sudocrem is helping me a little.
I really hope you got it fixed, I'd love to hear either way!

flyfastfar

• First Flush
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2024, 08:31:47 PM »

Hi! I’m hoping you see this since it is from over a year ago! I’ve had the same .. itchy scalp, ears & ALL .. I keep saying I think they are related but different doctors tell me no. Please tell me you received a diagnosis? They do all seem to flare at the same time. It’s unbearable. Thank you!!

Bella247

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2024, 10:26:53 PM »

I struggle on and off with VA but (touch wood) I seem to have my itchy bum under control. If I do a number two I will always wipe with water wipes alone (never loo roll) or wash my bum straight after.
I used cetaphil face wash on my bum followed by epimax which I rinse off. Then for my vagina and only wash with aqueous cream (for some reason I find the cheap tub for £1 from savers chemist works the best). I agree with another poster washing with water alone doesn’t help

Bungo

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2024, 04:24:15 PM »

Suffered from this for ages. When switched to patch and started absorbing.it increased alot. Am using vagifem every 3 days. When wiping anal area, I put some hydromel ointment on tissue paper and use to wipe so bum is really clean .I also use the hydromel to wash vulva and anal area in shower. Touch wood, it's been really good for ages now. Also got dermovate cream a year ago and used that for a few days whenever had a flare but only had to use that twice in the last 6 months. It's bad science as changed so many factors that I don't know what actually sorted it. Had driven me insane for over a year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]