Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Patch to gel  (Read 319 times)

perimeno

Patch to gel
« on: June 20, 2024, 04:06:48 PM »

Hi

So, I was taking a 50mcg Evorel patch, but not absorbing well (levels 200).  I have changed to 2 pumps of Oestrogel, which is meant to equate to a 50mch patch . It has helped with some symptoms but i am now thinking 2 pumps is too much for me. I feel wired, tight chest, cant sleep, blurred eye sight.  I haven't taken any gel today and already feel alot more normal. Maybe i need to reduce the dose as i'm absorbing the gel well.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

thanks

Mariab

Re: Patch to gel
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 05:22:09 PM »

Hi perimeno,
I didn't have any problems gping from patch to gel also 2 pumps but do get these symptoms if I try to go to 3 pumps so also wonder if it's to much.
Unfortunately I can't seem to get gp to do bloods as results are unreliable

K45

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 06:34:06 PM »

Hi perimeno,

When I first started the gel (2 pumps) I initially felt very strange and had blurred vision, dizziness, insomnia and this all settled down after about a month. My GP said this was all pretty normal and to give 3 months to adjust. Probably might be worth keeping a diary of symptoms for a few weeks and speaking to GP.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 06:52:28 PM »

I seem to absorb them similarly but given your symptoms of too much oestrogen you could drop to one pump and work back up slowly if you find you need to. Good that you're absorbing it so well though  :).

perimeno

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 08:19:07 PM »

Thank you for all of this info.  I already feel better by not taking it today.  I will start on the 1 pump tomorrow for a while and see how my symptoms are.

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 09:09:06 PM »

I'd stick to your 2 pumps but maybe divide them AM and PM so you don't get it all at once...

I'm very laid back with gel application, seeing I'm on 12 pumps a day and sometimes whack another half a pump on my face  ;D