Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HRT is not right for everyone  (Read 1946 times)

AngelaH

Re: HRT is not right for everyone
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2024, 03:42:42 PM »

Asher, you are right, I remember some ladies on here mentioned they used HRT prescribed products not exactly where it should be used.

AngelaH

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2024, 03:48:05 PM »

I'd love my face to regain some youthfulness.
Cosmetic hormonal product is available online without prescription. Everyone can buy it, if it is their choice, I can’t see the problem .;)

Jules

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2024, 04:12:55 PM »

I'd love my face to regain some youthfulness.
Cosmetic hormonal product is available online without prescription. Everyone can buy it, if it is their choice, I can’t see the problem .;)

Yes I'm sure. I think like other topical estrogen,  there's only a certain amount of difference you can make to the appearance once you've aged.

AngelaH

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2024, 04:22:03 PM »

Yes I'm sure. I think like other topical estrogen,  there's only a certain amount of difference you can make to the appearance once you've aged.
10 years younger I certainly can guarantee.  ;D

Nas

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2024, 04:24:49 PM »

An honest and clean post.
In my opinion, it is all about knowledge and making informed choices.

HRT is readily available to those women who would like to trial it.
For those who don't want HRT or for whom HRT is off limits, then it is about trying to find alternative remedies if symptoms are unmanageable.

Not sure what I think about taking HRT for "precautionary" measures. My thinking is, no symptoms = no HRT. Only because, trying to hit the sweet spot with HRT, I think can be incredibly diffcult and as someone mentioned in a previous post, you can't know how adding in oestrogen, is going to affect the function of other parts of an already complex system (I'm thinking thyroid in particular) Those women who slap on a patch or a couple of squirts of gel and feel fine, are very fortunate.

In the main, I don't feel that members try to push HRT onto other members. No one should be stating that HRT is required for bone health, the preventing of oestoperosis, dementia etc because I am sure we all know of at least one person, close or distant, who has taken HRT and still developed the above. It can also be unsettling for those who simply cannot take HRT, due to active oestrogen and progesterone positive cancers for example, perhaps leading them to worry that they will develop dementia, in addition to dealing with a life threatening disease.

Knowlege is power as they say. We have choices and information at our finger tips these days. We need to tap into this information, to help up make the right decisions.

Would also like to add, that although we are not medically qualified as members, offering our own experiences, on certain subjects, such as VA for example, can be incredibly useful and empowering to others.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 05:29:05 PM by Nas »

SundayGirl

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2024, 05:39:37 PM »

Hi Nas
We haven't "spoken" much but I have been following your journey and have been rooting for you all the way ❤️

Over the last few years HRT has become more mainstream and, with the state of the NHS at the moment, I'm not surprised that a growing number of women use it to help prevent (possibly) future health issues. In fact the NHS website highlights that HRT can help prevent osteoporosis and maintain muscle strength. A lot of people would take that as gospel and think that it can only be a good thing. The NHS has been criticized for some of the wording it uses in documents and I feel that this promotes HRT rather than giving a balanced view.

Menopause specific shampoos, menopause specific face creams and hormone containing cosmetics are the latest fads to jump on the bandwagon. I'm sure that many women will be enticed into buying products like these with the promises (of eternal youth  ::))that companies make.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 08:42:06 PM by SundayGirl »

Jules

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2024, 05:50:46 PM »

I've never been on systemic HRT. I also have to take omeprazole daily which apparently can increase your risk of osteoporosis,  reading comments it makes me feel I'm more at risk. But then my mum is 90 and my dad lived to 94 so hopefully I've got longevity genes.

SundayGirl

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2024, 08:48:07 PM »

There is risk in everything we do Jules. It's just a matter of balancing that risk. Quality of life is important.

Not using HRT doesn't mean you'll end up with certain conditions later in life just as USING HRT doesn't mean that you're totally protected from certain conditions.

Jules

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2024, 08:59:47 PM »

There is risk in everything we do Jules. It's just a matter of balancing that risk. Quality of life is important.

Not using HRT doesn't mean you'll end up with certain conditions later in life just as USING HRT doesn't mean that you're totally protected from certain conditions.
No, and never having needed systemic hrt I'd never heard of the links till I joined the forum. I'm not a risk taker🙂
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]