Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Weight loss difficulties  (Read 2352 times)

Katherine

Re: Weight loss difficulties
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2024, 01:13:48 PM »

I get thirsty too! I watched a podcast recently where a neuroscientist says she has no plastic in her kitchen as toxins leak into food when plastic heats up. She says the toxins accumulate in the body especially the breast tissue. I guess if I keep the bottles in a cool place... I think there is quite a lot of chlorine in our tap water. It's just gross. I've made a GP appointment to ask about increasing my dose of gel. Good idea about increasing gradually :-)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2024, 01:54:19 PM »

A 'neuroscientist'?  Don't believe all that you read in podcasts!  If this were a real issue plastic bottles would be removed from the market ;-).  How many years accumulation does she suggest it actually takes?  I wonder whether she remains inside all day in case of traffic pollution issues ......... if she buys leather clothing/shoes?  Cynic?  Moi  ;D

Quality of Life Girl, if we believed half that we read we'd never get out of bed.  Not that I do particularly early anyway  :D.  In My Day it was mercury in mackerel.  Go figure.   ::)

Katherine

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2024, 03:35:09 PM »

A 'neuroscientist'?  Don't believe all that you read in podcasts!  If this were a real issue plastic bottles would be removed from the market ;-).  How many years accumulation does she suggest it actually takes?  I wonder whether she remains inside all day in case of traffic pollution issues ......... if she buys leather clothing/shoes?  Cynic?  Moi  ;D

Quality of Life Girl, if we believed half that we read we'd never get out of bed.  Not that I do particularly early anyway  :D.  In My Day it was mercury in mackerel.  Go figure.   ::)

She is a leading neuroscientist and I have a science background so I know how thorough and sure scientists usually are before they say things, so it's enough for me to worry. However I cannot stand the taste of tap water. The thing about heavy metals in fish is a real thing too. No more than 4 portions a week! Anyway I've had a chocolate brownie so I'm feeling much better, for now!

Katherine

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2024, 03:37:51 PM »

Have they lowered the cholesterol readings? Or do you get different ways of testing,my Dr said they didn't like it over 5!!

Hi Jaypo, this is my first ever venture into cholesterol I'm afraid, it's never come up before my latest NHS health check (that we have every 7 years) so the nurse just said it's raised and they like it to be under 2.5. I think they see 'raised' and 'high' as two different things. She said it wasn't dangerous but need to keep an eye on it.x

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2024, 05:05:15 PM »

Total cholesterol needs to be under 5. It used to have to be under 6. There is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. The numbers are here
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/high-cholesterol/cholesterol-levels/
Taz x

Katherine

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2024, 05:29:10 PM »

It’s my HDL? bad cholesterol that’s 3.6. Total cholesterol 5.6 I think.

Jules

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2024, 06:03:09 PM »

My cholesterol was 5.3 last check. It had fallen since the year before but still told it was above what it should be however, the GP wasnt concerned as I didnt have other risk factors. It's hard to reduce it, I hadnt done anything different to make mine fall, I also am struggling to get rid of fat on my stomach that I have never had. I weight 54 kilos yet still have blubber round my middle.

Katherine

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2024, 07:18:53 PM »

My cholesterol was 5.3 last check. It had fallen since the year before but still told it was above what it should be however, the GP wasnt concerned as I didnt have other risk factors. It's hard to reduce it, I hadnt done anything different to make mine fall, I also am struggling to get rid of fat on my stomach that I have never had. I weight 54 kilos yet still have blubber round my middle.

That’s where I carry weight too, round my middle. My legs and arms always stay quite slim so it goes on my stomach.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2024, 07:46:17 PM »

It's the drop in oestrogen = apron goes South !

Does this neuroscientist recommend backing up her claims by quoting Peer Reviewed Papers?  DH was a Research Scientist and I typed many a Paper etc.. On an upright typewriter, remember those: Oh and Tip-ex  ;D

Tnx Taz. 

plastic toxins going into the water.  what did this person suggest that 'toxins' might b ........  :-\ toxins = germs  :o.  Also how much bottled drinks would 1 need to imbibe to make it a dangerous amount, DH thinks we would probably drink ourselves to death B4 any 'toxins' caused problems. 

DH and I were discussing this earlier, he wonders whether this person you were listening to actually did any actual studies on bottled water both fizzy/still against tap water?  Years ago there was a worry about the plastic from the bottle leeching into the contents of all drinks  ::).  No one died did they ? 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 07:49:45 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2024, 06:56:12 AM »

Tnx. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2024, 07:16:33 AM »

Re tap water I only ever drink it boiled or after it has been boiled nowadays. Never straight out of the tap.

Jules

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2024, 08:04:05 AM »

Thankfully I don't have an apron on my stomach. Just fat that I can't rid. I have hiatus hernia too so it doesn't help with the reflux.  If I lose weight it goes from places I don't need it to. 

Katherine

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2024, 11:14:10 AM »

Never thought to boil tap water for drinking, might do that..

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2024, 11:17:47 AM »

I read recently: of course meno-brain here can't remember where  ::) : that our brains can misinterpret thirst as hunger. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4