Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Inexpensive skin care  (Read 321 times)

Bella247

Inexpensive skin care
« on: June 20, 2024, 09:53:27 PM »

My skin has been getting more and more dry as I move through perimenopause. My periods have pretty much stopped now and I’m finding everything and especially my face is much drier. Annoyingly for the first time ever in prone to breakouts and cysts on my chin (so almost certainly hormonal). Can anyone recommend anything that helps with this?

Mariab

Re: Inexpensive skin care
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 06:49:30 AM »

:Hi, I also have had trouble with dry skin on my face in particular and scalp, ears etc...
I now use products from wild mint, there normal prices can be high but they have a discount going at the moment which is affordable and they last for a few months so maybe worth giving it a go....
And obvious things like drinking water more, suppliments etc
Hope this helps a little :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 07:48:47 AM »

Morning.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina ........ I use 'vaseline' hand cream in the yellow bottle [though not on the face.  Apparently  :-\] or 'nivea'.  DH uses 'nivea' on his dry legs.

SundayGirl

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024, 08:52:48 AM »

I find the Simple range very good. Their basic face moisturiser is fairly light. I find things creamy like Nivea too heavy. It clogs my pores, causes spots and makes my skin feel greasy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 10:33:52 AM »

Nivea can be cloying on the arms and face.  'simple' are a good range to try, had forgotten about that:  :thankyou: SundayGirl

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 10:48:58 AM »

Aveeno calm and restore. Great on dry skin, and my sensitive skin. They do a fair facial range, but I stick with the moisturiser. The texture looks odd, but don't be put off.
Body range is really moisturizing and doesn't flare my skin up, also doesnt feeling heavy.