Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hormones  (Read 1088 times)

tra72

Hormones
« on: June 05, 2024, 02:34:22 PM »

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms to me my stomach has been sore for over a week.i have anxiety and panic my body feels like what i can only describe as grief when you loose someone the same feeling.i don’t like to sit still i have cold and hot flushes i am eating but struggling to eat with the feeling my periods are really light this month it is like really watery light blood just on tissue  like the end of a period. My son has gone to Thailand so not sure wiether its separation anxiety or peri menopause or Hormonal or mixture of all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hormones
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 02:46:44 PM »

Probably the fact that your son is away!  IN 2015 my husband went to France for 3 weeks: my idea, he was camping with a friend, a spontaneous let's go away. On the Sunday I began to feel ill and by Monday could hard walk due to anxiety.  managed to get to the Surgery and the GP gave me a go-to anti-anxiety tablet.  Since then anything slightly out of routine sets my anxiety off!

Add to that hormone upheavals  >:(.  They may well wax and wane so you will probably get different flow rates etc..  Flushes are related to low oestrogen levels I think. 

Graze.  Anything that you fancy when U fancy it.  My go to are dried fruits and nuts or hot Bovril in a mug.   :bighug:

tra72

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 03:17:51 PM »

I have been so tearful too and brain fog .if the kids go away or even if I go away myself it’s awful the tears and anxiety I use to be so excited about going on holiday but now get anxious and tearful for first few days. It’s also Father’s Day next week and myself and my husband have lost our dads  so we make a big thing go for meal but my son will be away and my daughter will be this year

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2024, 04:58:54 PM »

Time for new memories then?  Go for a meal for 2.  Even a weekend away? 

Changes in life style can be difficult however much they are expected.  Does DS keep in touch or has he waved goodbye and got on with enjoying his trip?  I walked away from my parents without considering how they might be feeling  ::)

tra72

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 06:49:29 PM »

We have booked a meal for 2 just difficult the change. My son is keeping contact the time difference is 6 hours but I have managed to have a little contact but the anxiety is still slightly niggling and I am eating but finding it difficult normally have a really good appetite

marge

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 03:18:39 PM »

I would think it’s all to do with your kids. Mine are now well into their 30s, but to me they’re still little children who need me and l worry about them all the time.  It’s amazing they’ve grown up to be such successful, independent and capable adults!! You never stop being a mother.

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2024, 07:48:44 AM »

Hello tra72

I think your changing hormones are the biggest factor. This time of life can be so unsettling due to circumstances but the way you cope with this change has a lot to do with your hormones.

All your symptoms sound like the menopause to me and the fact that your periods are changing is the biggest clue.

I am sure other ladies will be along to comment and you may want to speak to your GP about trying HRT.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.