Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy is back  (Read 1066 times)

AngelaH

Re: Vaginal atrophy is back
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2024, 01:02:21 PM »

It reverses the aging process, magical really!

Nothing can reverse the aging process, otherwise humans would live forever. We can make the skin and other tissues of the body look and feel younger for a certain period of time, but it all will come to the end one day anyway . :(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 01:12:51 PM by AngelaH »

Ayesha

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2024, 02:28:22 PM »

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer! I meant it reverses the aging process around the vagina by plumping up the tissues and making the whole area look as it did when younger.

Ayesha

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2024, 02:39:14 PM »

Occasionally Jules 1 needs to add extra treatment for 5 days, mayB twice .  When I get niggling symptoms I add an extra 'ovestin' internally, plus pain relief then continue  for 3-5 nights.  Smearing product on the outer labia/vulval areas.  And KY Jelly B4  :bed: -;).  VA treatment shouldn't cause 'side effects' to require investigations unless it's heavy bleeding or cramping.

Vaginal atrophy (GSM) is a very individualised condition and affects women in different ways. I have bog standard VA with no other symptoms, there are some women who need the help of a steroid cream which means something else going on, like an eczema for instance. It makes the situation more complicated and more difficult to treat and means there are no quick fixes.

AngelaH

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2024, 03:26:59 PM »

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer! I meant it reverses the aging process around the vagina by plumping up the tissues and making the whole area look as it did when younger.

I just guess for how far we can take it? For example the face, it’s very easy to make the skin look 10 years younger when you are 40 or 50, but if it possible to keep the same result when 60, 70, 80?  Can you keep your skin at 70 looking like 50? I don’t think so. I don’t talk about 90 and 100 years old, because if you lucky to live so long you don’t have any chance to keep your skin like 50 y.o. anyway. With vagina the same, you can make it feel younger 10 years, but no more than that. Every part of the body wears itself out eventually. Genetic factor is the strongest one, from my point of view. In fact every woman becomes menopausal, but not every woman gets VA, some gets it even in peri, but some not until their 60-70s. But the aging process makes its way anyway sooner or later.

Jules

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2024, 06:41:07 PM »

I'm using steroid cream currently but it's not eczema. The gp said its plain old thinning tissue with loss of estrogen.  I was using alternate nights vagifem and ovestin externally every night for a year and I never looked externally as I did 2 years ago. Hopefully a spell of intense treatment will get me some control again because itching and stinging and feeling like you need the loo is so hard to deal with. I do think the interruption to my routine hasn't helped

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2024, 06:44:28 PM »

Which only goes to confirm that the treatment has to be constant without any breaks. I know I can do six Vagifem pessaries a week but any lower and the symptoms come back.

Jules

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2024, 06:50:08 PM »

I had breast pain and bleeding on alternate nights. It's externally I seem to have more problems. Would be great not to have to think about what lies below!
Pages: 1 [2]