Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Birth control not agreeing?  (Read 1150 times)

Vicky81

Birth control not agreeing?
« on: August 13, 2022, 09:39:33 AM »

Hello all.

So I was on zoely but it didn't do alit in terms of lifting my mood or anxiety in my perimenopause.

GP suggested cilest (now called cilique) which has 5mcg more oestrogen then the average pill like marvekon,, yasmin etc.
Only day 2 today but my physical anxiety feels slightly worse,, head feels spacey, hands shaky and irritable.

I know this is early days but could this be too oestrogenic for me?

Xxx

Tora

Re: Birth control not agreeing?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 10:58:21 AM »

Hi Vicky,
Sorry to hear you’re not having a great day, I know the anxiety is hard to live with. There’s no way of knowing if your current treatment is going to work or not as it’s far too early to tell. You’ve tried a lot of different meds now for very short periods, perhaps it’s time to give each treatment a longer trial? Maybe accepting that there is no instant fix will take some stress off you which in return might improve your anxiety?
Doing the CBT can help too, you might have to do several things to get through this to help yourself recover.

Good luck.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 11:39:50 AM »

Aww thank you Tora xxxxx

Tora

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 12:21:15 PM »

I had a quick look at your previous posts, has it been going on about a year now?

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 02:41:21 PM »

Hi hun...yes but I'm not as bad... I go to work but that's about it. I have no joy or excitement in anything at all...never go out socially. Which is so not me ... I was the life and soul so its very hard to deal with. I'm struggling with it so much because I want to be happy like I was xxx

Kelloggs

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 04:16:10 PM »

Hi hun...yes but I'm not as bad... I go to work but that's about it. I have no joy or excitement in anything at all...never go out socially. Which is so not me ... I was the life and soul so its very hard to deal with. I'm struggling with it so much because I want to be happy like I was xxx

Hi Vicky,

I know this is an old post, but this really resonated with me.. I have no get up and go anymore and wake up feeling flat and fed up.. I’ve tried hrt but keep bleeding on it.. so now I’ve been prescribed Zoely.. this is my last chance before I insist on a hysterectomy!! How are you getting on now?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 04:54:52 PM »

Kellogs - if you read all of this members threads you will see how/not she is 'getting on'  :-\

bombsh3ll

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2024, 06:41:17 PM »

I am on Zoely and it's great for keeping me bleed free and hormonally stable ( I take it continuously, no withdrawal bleeds) however I wouldn't necessarily expect it to help with the mood symptoms you describe.

One thing I would consider if you believe your mood symptoms to be hormone related is testosterone levels - the combined pill (any type) suppresses ovarian androgen production. No sex drive is a big clue.

I got a blood test for androgens with Medichecks and I had virtually zero testosterone.

This isn't medical advice I am simply stating what I did, but I now take sublingual dhea which
really helps and my testosterone level is now in the upper half of the range.

The reason I take this and not testosterone gel is a) cost and b) evidence - there are no studies that I have seen trialling testosterone gel with a combined pill however dhea has been studied in women on combined pills and proven to be safe.