Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Menopause and Work - Colleagues Reaction  (Read 28417 times)

Beatrixx

• First Flush
Re: Menopause and Work - Colleagues Reaction - Final Update!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2024, 11:32:01 AM »

Hi All

I have good news! I won my grievance against the my 'problematic colleague'.

They raised a counter grievance against me which included my menopause disclosure - which is what my meeting with HR was about. Because she raised my menopause as part of a formal grievance, HR could now investigate. Both my grievance and her counter grievance were found in my favour. I don't know what is going to happen next but whatever does, I'm safe.

Thank to everyone for your kind words and your words of encouragement. All for the help provided!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause and Work - Colleagues Reaction
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2024, 11:39:25 AM »

Well done  :medal:

Did U give in your Notice yet?

With your menopause symptoms under some form of control = feeling better U will be in a good position to look around for something that suits you ;-)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 11:43:26 AM by CLKD »

Beatrixx

• First Flush
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2024, 11:46:14 AM »

Well done  :medal:

Did U give in your Notice yet?

With your menopause symptoms under some form of control = feeling better U will be in a good position to look around for something that suits you ;-)

Thank you! I haven't given in my notice yet. The doctor signed me off work for a month, which I was using to give me time to think things through. I was going to had my notice in next week but this good news means I can take my time and look for a new job. BUT it looks like my problem person is out the door.

sheila99

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2024, 11:57:30 AM »

Well done, good to hear. Perhaps you could go back for a couple of weeks before making a decision? You may find the atmosphere very different now she's gone and with meno under control the job may not seem so difficult or stressful.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2024, 12:44:49 PM »

at least you have breathing space - will there be celebrations ;-)  :cake:

Penguin

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2024, 12:46:56 PM »

Amazing news, well done for raising the grievance and standing your ground! At least now you can take your time in deciding what to do, but as Sheila says it may well be a much nicer place now she's gone! So glad she got called out on her behaviour. It sickens and saddens me the way some women can pull other women down like that.

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2024, 12:50:02 PM »

In general I always preferred a male boss to a woman in the large companies where I worked. 

getting_old

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2024, 07:00:27 PM »

I agree with Sheila, assuming she's out the door? Maybe go back and see how things are, but keep looking in case something better comes along. I think the company handled things badly but it's a positive outcome as they settled in your favour, and I think that you returning and showing them that you are more than capable of doing the job will show that they made the right decision in the end.

Agree CLKD, I hated working for women, and always preferred to work with men.
Pages: 1 2 [3]