Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Best vaginal moisturisers  (Read 704 times)

Hannahlou

Best vaginal moisturisers
« on: June 11, 2024, 09:39:33 AM »

Hi ladies

I’m after advise on vaginal moisturisers please if you will share your expertise.

I’m not suffering badly, but from what I’m told I need to deal with it now and not later. Don’t even feel any difference, but notices things are changing down there and a little drier.

The last time I saw my GP who is amazing with all things menopause, she mentioned vaginal oestrogen and I may ask for some at my appointment next month.

In the meantime and for that little bit extra what would you recommend that I try. I have very sensitive skin and I’m a little nervous to try things

jaypo

Re: Best vaginal moisturisers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 10:35:24 AM »

Hi there, I use sylk,it's very gentle  :)

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 10:39:20 AM »

First of all I will say don't do what I did and say no to oestrogen when I was told I needed it, I said I will try the moisturisers first. Big mistake, within a week I was on the phone requesting Vagifem and Estriol. But that's my story and we are all different with this condition.

Best moisturisers, which are just as important as the oestrogen treatment, are Sylk and Yes.

Hannahlou

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 11:35:40 AM »

Thanks japo and ayesha. I will give those both a try. I have a doctors appointment beginning of July so I’ll discuss the vaginal oestrogen then with her

Hannahlou

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 11:38:50 AM »

Vagirux seems to be the go to one for GP’s so I’ve heard at the moment. I’ve seen a few people say they have problems with this? Is it something I should consider or offered or specifically ask for something else?

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2024, 12:24:13 PM »

Not necessarily, it might be ok for you but you won't know until you try. The NHS is supposed to be using this cheaper form of pessary but so far I am still being prescribed Vagifem but I would not have a problem trying it first to see how I get on with it.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2024, 12:37:30 PM »

I agree with Ayesha,if you're prescribed vagirux give it a go, I was on vagifem for a while and they changed it to the cheaper vagirux but within days I had a reaction to it but the Dr was happy to prescribe me back to vagifem  :)

Jules

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2024, 01:00:09 PM »

I agree with the others. I rejected estrogen and persevered with moisturisers. So wish I hadn't. Deterioration can suddenly increase.

Hannahlou

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2024, 02:25:46 PM »

Thanks everyone. I’m so grateful for all your help

BermudaQueen

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2024, 04:38:52 PM »

I’ve been on Vagifem for a couple of years now, it definitely does help And the only way I can describe it for me is that it kinda ‘puffs you up’ again, So much more comfortable.

But it’s not a miracle cure for me, so I’ve been using YES vaginal moisturiser, inside and it’s supposed to get your body to moisturise itself when it needs it.

I found it to be the only moisturiser that doesn’t cause me stinging or burning so it is well worth a try!  Best of luck 🤞

Hannahlou

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2024, 05:58:02 PM »

I’ve been on Vagifem for a couple of years now, it definitely does help And the only way I can describe it for me is that it kinda ‘puffs you up’ again, So much more comfortable.

But it’s not a miracle cure for me, so I’ve been using YES vaginal moisturiser, inside and it’s supposed to get your body to moisturise itself when it needs it.

I found it to be the only moisturiser that doesn’t cause me stinging or burning so it is well worth a try!  Best of luck 🤞

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean by ‘puffs up’. That’s what I’ve lost. It comes and goes for me. When I don’t have a period, I lose that ‘puffed up’ look. And when I have  period it’s back looking and feeling as normal. So I guess once they stop altogether, I’ll not be ‘puffed up’ anymore. I’m going to give the yes a go. I’ve got some somewhere in the single applicators but just not used them yet as things are still feeling okay, but I know that they don’t stay that way, so trying to prevent that from happening