Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Pinky brown spotting after period  (Read 736 times)

Hannahlou

Pinky brown spotting after period
« on: June 10, 2024, 08:30:07 AM »

I’ve just had a period, lasted 4 days, then tapered off to brown and then yellow spotting by day 8. Today, day 9 I have woken up to pink brown spotting again?? Is this normal or should I be worried? Is it an extended period you you think? Or just the hormonal ups and downs ?? I’m unsure and a little anxious

Penguin

Re: Pinky brown spotting after period
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 08:39:59 AM »

For me I spot yellow when estrogen is high. So could peri have given you an estrogen spike at a random time?
I am not sure if yellow could also be signs of an infection like BV tho, so perhaps worth getting a GP appointment and letting them do a swab?
Or do you have any signs of VA?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 09:14:28 AM »

It's probably old blood being held up because there isn't enough hormone to cleanse the womb at the end of a period. Happened to me every month: full on clotting, excruciating pains, nausea, light headedness for 3 days; more loss for 2-3 more days/nights then 2 days without.  Followed by brown staining.  Normal for me, never worried about it.

If there's no odour or thick discharge keep an eye for the next 2-3 months to see if there is a pattern?  If U R due an appt then mention it.

Hannahlou

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 10:05:38 AM »

For me I spot yellow when estrogen is high. So could peri have given you an estrogen spike at a random time?
I am not sure if yellow could also be signs of an infection like BV tho, so perhaps worth getting a GP appointment and letting them do a swab?
Or do you have any signs of VA?

Maybe due to a hormone spike I don’t know. That’s why I posted to see if others have experienced similar.

It’s not yellow for me it’s pinky brown.

No signs of VA at all. I normally have quite good lubrication still at the moment. And no smell or anything like that to suggest an infection.

Hannahlou

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 10:10:39 AM »

It's probably old blood being held up because there isn't enough hormone to cleanse the womb at the end of a period. Happened to me every month: full on clotting, excruciating pains, nausea, light headedness for 3 days; more loss for 2-3 more days/nights then 2 days without.  Followed by brown staining.  Normal for me, never worried about it.

If there's no odour or thick discharge keep an eye for the next 2-3 months to see if there is a pattern?  If U R due an appt then mention it.

I was thinking is probably hormone related. Like I said, I’ve had it twice last year around ovulation although I didn’t know at the time it was related to that as I don’t know when I ovulate. But you can work it out can’t you once your period starts.

I normally have some brown and yellow spotting after a period. Was yellow yesterday and now pinky brown today. I guess just wait and see what happens?

I have an appointment at the beginning of July for a catch up with my GP. She’s very good and interested in menopause and asked to see me every couple of months to see how things are going. I’m not on HRT if that makes a difference

Thanks for the reply CLKD. As an aside, my ear wooshing has gone again today

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 01:42:30 PM »

I was never aware of ovulation/

Ear whooshing is probably hormonal though that doesn't explain mine  ::)

Hannahlou

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 01:56:40 PM »

I was never aware of ovulation/

Ear whooshing is probably hormonal though that doesn't explain mine  ::)

No, And fennecs been aware of ovulation either

Yes, the ear wooshing I think is definitely hormonal. I guess sometimes you carry the hormonal things into full on menopause which would explain yours maybe 🤔

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2024, 03:13:29 PM »

Looks like it might be, as I never went to noisy concerts as a teen  ;D

Hannahlou

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2024, 04:00:50 PM »

Looks like it might be, as I never went to noisy concerts as a teen  ;D

Must be then. I didn’t either

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2024, 06:37:31 PM »

Hello Hannahlou.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to you as I am a long way post meno but I had pink spotting for a long time. I had investigations recently and all was fine with my womb and ovaries etc. By the time of the examination the spotting had stopped because I had reduced my HRT (Sandrena gel).  Some years ago I had some unexpected bleeding and that was due to using a high dose oestrogen patch, again this resolved when I lowered the dose.

It may be that your problem is due entirely to your own oestrogen fluctuating.

I hope this helps you and take care.

K.

Hannahlou

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2024, 09:27:15 PM »

Hello Hannahlou.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to you as I am a long way post meno but I had pink spotting for a long time. I had investigations recently and all was fine with my womb and ovaries etc. By the time of the examination the spotting had stopped because I had reduced my HRT (Sandrena gel).  Some years ago I had some unexpected bleeding and that was due to using a high dose oestrogen patch, again this resolved when I lowered the dose.

It may be that your problem is due entirely to your own oestrogen fluctuating.

I hope this helps you and take care.

K.

Thanks for the reply Kathleen. It probably is due to hormonal ups and downs. Periods have been everywhere  recently and can arrive any day from 16-25. I’ve not missed any yet apart from when I had Covid last September and I’m 55 🙄