Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I am so lost.  (Read 553 times)

Maria1

• First Flush
I am so lost.
« on: June 10, 2024, 08:56:02 PM »

:'(
So, I have been on the everol conti patches for about 9 months. Took about 4 months for anything to happen and when it did I was turned upside down. I have had cameras due to bleeding ( I am post meno) migraines, fatigue, emotional to name but a few side effects. So, I thought that maybe they are too strong 💪, this morning I cut my patch in half but now I’m starting to panic 😱.  I am so confused with it all , feel like just going cold turkey. Can anyone help?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I am so lost.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 09:02:15 PM »

Don't panic.  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly so cutting the patch won't be dangerous as such.  Some do mix and match the doses. 

What did the camera show?  What advice were you given after?

Migraines can become worse during peri-menopause so may well continue ....... do you need to take pain relief?

Who is over seeing your HRT regime?  It may have been that the dose was too high to begin with throwing your own hormones into free fall.   See how you feel over the next few days with slightly less hormone input.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

joziel

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 10:01:09 PM »

I would stick with what you were on. The thing is...

Bleeding problems are caused not by too much estrogen (usually) but by not enough progesterone (for you) to counter the estrogen. So you very possibly did need that much estrogen - you just needed more progesterone.

The problem with the combi patches is they come in a fixed ratio of estrogen (50) and progestin. (Synthetic, not body identical.)

Is there a reason you're not using utrogestan/body identical progesterone? You can ask for an estrogen only patch (so you can then dial it up and down separately) and utrogestan (progesterone) so you can also take more than the usual amount if you need it to stop bleeding. (I take 300mg every night continuously.)

And then... there's the Mirena coil which almost always stops all bleeding totally and replaces the progesterone part of HRT (if you want it to, you can also take utrogestan as well if you like it).

Getting HRT right is a lot of trial and error sometimes. You really need to have the estrogen and progesterone separate so you can trial more combinations of things.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 10:27:53 PM »

Good advice here already for you Maria1.  Just to say that bleeding during the first six months of being on a conti hrt is common. It does say this in the leaflet but some doctors refer for tests even within this timeframe.

You'll get lots of help and support on here. The norethisterone in Evorel can give rise to the type of symptoms you mention. It made me feel very low, irritable and depressed so don't despair it can take a while to find the right hrt for you.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ebonybones

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 01:42:30 AM »

The noristerone in the conti patch gave me daily headaches and the Evorel conti gave me heavy bleeding

My dr has swapped me to Evorel 25mg patches with the micronised progesterone Utrostrogen to see if it helps she thinks I was having too much Estergon