Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Facial flushing and head pain  (Read 404 times)

Sarahkins

Facial flushing and head pain
« on: June 10, 2024, 11:35:10 AM »

I'm in a desperate battle with health anxiety at the moment and I'm looking for someone to steady my nerves.

I've been getting strange head sensations mostly in the left side of my head since last October. I have them a lot recently and have been very stressed.
When I turn my head to the left I can often feel a sort of pulling sensation on the top left of my head. I also have a dull pain at the base of my head quite a bit lately.
My left shoulder had a rotator cuff injury a few years ago and has never been normal since. I'm just panicking about the weird sensations and pains in my head. I've been getting a lot of dizziness and feelings unbalanced recently too which makes me worry even more.

Yesterday I noticed my cheekbones are red and a bit blotchy. This is totally unusual for me and they are like that again today and my face feels a bit hot. Is this a hot flash or something else?

Can anyone guess as to what's going on with me? I'm always at the doctor's and I'm putting off going again but this is making me ill with worry!

Does anyone recognise these symptoms at all?
Feel like a nervous wreck lately.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Facial flushing and head pain
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 01:45:44 PM »

U could have run this on the end of your other thread ..........

I have occasional strange creeping feelings across my scalp as well as down my pelvis/hip regions occasionally.  The latter is like water being poured over the skin and quite pleasant, not related to anything in. particular.  And I'm fully dressed at the time.

There is a trapped nerve in the back of my n neck which makes me go 'OH!' sometimes when I move due to a sensation.  Never painful but always sudden.

If the symptoms haven't gone after 7 days then make an appt with your Nurse Practitioner .  There is a thread on the Forum about what we have diagnosed ourselves with  ::) so weird feelings seem to be the norm .........

Asher

Re: Facial flushing and head pain
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 06:25:17 PM »

Hi , I know how you feel health anxiety has plagued me for 15 years, I struggled so bad in the early years but now even though I have phases of it sometimes bad sometimes mild I’ve learned coping techniques.
Have you spoken to your doctor about the health anxiety itself and not just the symptoms you are going with , I’m sure you know by now the more you focus on the symptoms the worse they become and the longer they last, it’s hell to live with.
Over the years I’ve been on various ADs , hrt at every dose going but it never quite gets rid of it, ADs dampen it down a lot for me and I’ve done CBT which does help.
I’ve had your exact symptoms and they are anxiety symptoms, menopause definitely brought it on for me and I’ve convinced myself of many deadly diseases.
Although hormones cause hot flashes so does anxiety, I get very hot and sweaty with anxiety, unbalanced, head pains, jitters, heart racing, stomach pains, joint and muscle aches and pains, fatigue, sleep issues you name it I’ve had it and still do , for me once I completely accepted it was health anxiety and I wasn’t dying of something hideous I found it much easier to cope with.
I now do what CLKD said I wait 7 days and if a symptom is still bothering me I will see my doctor.
Weird feelings are most certainly normal at this stage of life , I wish it wasn’t though.