Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Breast pain and swelling  (Read 712 times)

Mummytron

Breast pain and swelling
« on: June 09, 2024, 06:39:31 PM »

Hi,
My right breast has felt bigger lately, painful and also I have a permanent nipple if that makes sense?
I felt really dizzy today and I'm hoping this is all hormonal.
I cant feel any lumps in my breast and trying not to panic. I finished a period last week, the first one for 3 months.
Can anyone calm me down please?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast pain and swelling
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 07:15:56 PM »

Yep.

What's the worst that could happen?

When you say 'swelling', R U able to describe?  Is the whole breast feeling larger?  Is there one tender spot?  Is there a 'lump' ?  I suspect that it's hormonal. 

How is your diet overall?  R U hydrated?   Many report dizziness as a part of hormonal upheaval.

Could any of these symptoms B cyclical?  Some find that keeping a. mood/food/symptom diary useful to chart progress and check back.

Jules

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 08:11:15 PM »

Hi,
My right breast has felt bigger lately, painful and also I have a permanent nipple if that makes sense?
I felt really dizzy today and I'm hoping this is all hormonal.
I cant feel any lumps in my breast and trying not to panic. I finished a period last week, the first one for 3 months.
Can anyone calm me down please?
Changes in your breasts should always be checked. The doctors would rather you ask than overlook something. I had a tender spot recently and reddening of the skin. My GP saw me the same day and did a thorough check. It was a simple infection but she said I'd done the right thing.

Mummytron

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 09:36:41 PM »

I will see the gp,
No lump that I can feel, swelling as in boob feels a bit bigger than normal.
I do wonder if its all hormonal but the dizziness thing has scared me a bit. Again hormones make me more anxious.

Mummytron

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2024, 09:39:08 PM »

Diet overall is ok, always room for improvement. Overweight and not losing any with effort. Certainly think I'm in the latter stages of peri and struggling more now.

Jules

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 07:31:03 AM »

I'm sure it's nothing serious but best to check and you'll also feel better once you have.

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 08:05:04 AM »

I will see the gp,
No lump that I can feel, swelling as in boob feels a bit bigger than normal.
I do wonder if its all hormonal but the dizziness thing has scared me a bit. Again hormones make me more anxious.

I went to the GP last year full of anxiety that one breast was bigger than the other. Like you, no lump. He had a good look and feel and said they were slightly different sizes but that is normal, we are not symmetrical. Could it perhaps have always been like this and you have only just noticed?
For example,  mine changed after breastfeeding and the one I thought was bigger was just actually flabbier and was the one that had gone as flat as a pancake when I stopped breastfeeding.  It may be something you have only just noticed but has always been like that, or you haven't put weight/ muscle on evenly which also happens particularly if the right is your dominant side. However, I agree with Jules you should get it checked, not least because you need to calm your anxiety down. Talk to the GP about that as well as your breast.
Oh and with sore breasts, caffeine makes it worse for me so perhaps try laying off that for a few days!

Bass1979

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2024, 06:19:42 PM »

Hi

I get a lot of breast pain more in the left as I don’t have periods due to a hysterectomy (still have ovaries) I can’t always tell if it’s hormonal.
I think it is but it scares the life out of me that is related to cancer.
When I did have periods I had the breast pain again more in the left and arm pit but I just feel some times it’s worse than other times.
Think it’s worse when am run down too so could be stress related.
Sorry not helpful just highlighting that u not alone.
I do feel and no lumps however I don’t think I feel correctly if u know what I mean x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024, 01:33:09 PM »

Any improvement?