Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stopped Hrt, feel much better, but downside joint pain  (Read 1150 times)

Madeline

Stopped Hrt, feel much better, but downside joint pain
« on: June 09, 2024, 10:35:19 AM »

Hi there girls, I haven't been on in ages. So I stopped Hrt probably a year ago, unfortunately this just wasn't for me, after trying patch, gel etc...I feel 1 million times better off it. What I do miss is the oestrogen for my joints. Anyone have a good recommendation to help this awful discomfort!

Thank you x

K45

Re: Stopped Hrt, feel much better, but downside joint pain
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 10:57:53 AM »

Have you tried Turmeric? My joints have been a lot better after 6 weeks on it but on a high dose - Turmeric 10000 with bioperine from Healthspan.

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2024, 11:35:49 AM »

I'm not in your position just now, but I had terrible joint pain after giving birth and I found glucosamine with chondritin really helped.

Can I ask - with the hrt situation - are you post meno? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2024, 11:52:45 AM »

Morning.   As oestrogen levels drop, it being the bodies elastic, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Over the counter pain relief my help: pilates?  Swimming?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2024, 03:02:39 PM »

U seem to have two threads about this  :-\

Elliebee

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2024, 07:10:49 PM »

My chiropractor recommended glucosamine with chondritin  plus Type 2 collagen supplements. Also to avoid foods from nightshade family such as white potatoes, tomatoes etc

Maria1

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2024, 08:58:48 PM »

How did you stop? Did you cut down gradually? What about side effects? So glad it’s worked out for you.

Madeline

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2024, 06:38:06 PM »

Have you tried Turmeric? My joints have been a lot better after 6 weeks on it but on a high dose - Turmeric 10000 with bioperine from Healthspan.

Thank you K45, I have heard good thngs about tumeric. I will look into that x

Madeline

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2024, 06:40:10 PM »

I'm not in your position just now, but I had terrible joint pain after giving birth and I found glucosamine with chondritin really helped.

Can I ask - with the hrt situation - are you post meno? X

Thank you crispychick. Another one I havent tried but will get alos, a friend said she found this great for her knees. x

post meno? well I havent had a period now in 7 months. so not outta the woods yet!! getting there x

Madeline

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2024, 06:43:10 PM »

U seem to have two threads about this  :-\

Hi CLKD , yes you are right I do have 2 threads. I posted on the alternative thread too, to see if I coud get some alternative help there.

Thank you yes, swimming isnt an option for me, I already so alot of excerise but usually pay for it later. x

Madeline

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2024, 06:44:57 PM »

My chiropractor recommended glucosamine with chondritin  plus Type 2 collagen supplements. Also to avoid foods from nightshade family such as white potatoes, tomatoes etc

thabk you Elliebee, athe 2nd person to mention lucosamine with chondritin Im def buying this. Can I ask what brand you favour? I never heard of the nightshade family, very interesting! thanks x

Madeline

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2024, 06:52:22 PM »

How did you stop? Did you cut down gradually? What about side effects? So glad it’s worked out for you.

Hi maria, I just stopped gradually over 2 weeks I think, reducing the gel I was using. For me it was the best thing I ever did. I guess HRT just doesn't suit some peoples makekup and I was one of them. The progesterone was making me actually crazy. My moods were severely up and down. really really low or high as a kite haha. When I stopped my flushes came back but not as bad so I just stuck them out and slowly I started feeling human again with flushes. I had tried, patches, progesterone for 7 days only getting scanned every 6 months, but with my own hormones fluctuating, I just couldn't get the right balance for me. Saying all that, I have loads of friends that cant live without HRT. Its a head wreck. ::) x

bombsh3ll

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2024, 07:01:37 PM »

Hi do you know the reason for your joint pain?

That makes a big difference in terms of what you do about it.

Joint pain is frequently cited as a symptom of menopause and this makes sense, particularly if yours was relieved by estrogen, however there can be other causes that are worth ruling out before taking a bunch of pricey supplements.

SarahT

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2024, 07:08:00 PM »

I agree. I  was guilty of blaming many things on menopause, including joint pain. Despite upping my oestrogen it got steadily worse. Joint pain can most certainly be due to low oestrogen of ncourse .

However,after 2 years and many tests I was found to have osteoarthritis in both hips, and recently seronegative inflammatory arthritis.
Ongoing joint pain is worth getting checked out. Oh,and  sadly despite us not wanting to admit this - ageing plays a part too!

Madeline

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2024, 08:16:29 PM »

Thank you Bomsh3ll and sarahT. Yes you are right to make sure its not anything else. I did have a dexa scan done a few years ago and they said I had osteopenia at that stage. Can I ask you SarahT how you got that diagnosis as in what tests did you need to do? xx
Pages: [1] 2