Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Fatigue after a Covid infection  (Read 740 times)

HellsBells

Fatigue after a Covid infection
« on: July 03, 2024, 04:49:02 PM »

I'm trying to find out what is normal after a Covid infection. One of my symptoms was fatigue when I was ill but it has persisted since testing negative. I'm getting a bit worried as I am exhausted every day. It's just under 2 weeks since I tested negative. All other symptoms are gone, even the brain fog, with the exception of throat inflammation and fatigue. I was getting better but have hit a plateau.

Do I need to worry? Has anyone else had this without it being long Covid?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fatigue after a Covid infection
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 05:01:17 PM »

Don't worry.  Have U ever had 'flu?   It can take a few weeks for symptoms to ease, don't forget that SARS viruses can deplete energy levels etc..

How is your VitD level?  Perhaps boost with the one supplement that most of us require if we don't get enough sunshine.  When possible take a cuppa and sit out to get some ☀️ rays.  10 mins 3 times a day but avoid mid-day.

Long Covid is when people either don't test negative or are really really tired after 12 weeks.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 05:19:41 PM »

It was three months for me before my fatigue lifted the first time I had it. The second and third times the fatigue didn't last as long but my blood pressure remained raised for a few months and I'm still getting irregular heartbeat (investigated) which started during the second bout. Good advice from CLKD. I think two weeks is really soon to expect to be recovered. Go easy on yourself as pushing too hard after a virus can lead to fibromyalgia or M.E.

Taz x

Katherine

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 10:43:05 PM »

I'm trying to find out what is normal after a Covid infection. One of my symptoms was fatigue when I was ill but it has persisted since testing negative. I'm getting a bit worried as I am exhausted every day. It's just under 2 weeks since I tested negative. All other symptoms are gone, even the brain fog, with the exception of throat inflammation and fatigue. I was getting better but have hit a plateau.

Do I need to worry? Has anyone else had this without it being long Covid?

I had covid for 9 days quite bad, ended up on antibiotics. It took about 3 weeks for the physical after effects to go. I found it difficult to climb steps, I was getting out of breath so easily which upset me because I was negative and I wondered if it would go away, but it did. I got completely back to normal within about a month, so
Don’t worry, just try and take it easy do you can recover.

HellsBells

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2024, 09:25:28 AM »

Thank you everyone. Very reassuring and good advice.

However - today my back has gone!! Happened for the first time in March and again today the lower and mid back seems to be in spasm. Sitting is agony and I could only just put my socks on!

As the Americans say - this sucks!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2024, 10:13:31 AM »

I had similar problems a few weeks ago, due to not kneeling when loading the dishwasher/laundry machines  ::).  Pain relief and gentle exercise, sitting on the loo was interesting for a couple of days  ::) and I had to go without socks!

fiftyplus

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2024, 10:55:56 AM »

I had a cold a few weeks ago, which has never really totally gone and now I am thinking I had covid (although I never tested) as I am still feeling knackered with a cba attitude a few weeks on

HellsBells

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2024, 11:02:48 AM »

I had similar problems a few weeks ago, due to not kneeling when loading the dishwasher/laundry machines  ::).  Pain relief and gentle exercise, sitting on the loo was interesting for a couple of days  ::) and I had to go without socks!

Yep that sounds very similar...how long did it take to calm down?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2024, 11:18:24 AM »

Can't really remember, once I began kneeling again it was probably 5 days B4 I noticed improvement. 

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2024, 05:38:30 PM »

Thank you everyone. Very reassuring and good advice.

However - today my back has gone!! Happened for the first time in March and again today the lower and mid back seems to be in spasm. Sitting is agony and I could only just put my socks on!

As the Americans say - this sucks!
Someone is trying to tell you not to move...  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2024, 06:16:33 PM »

How R U this evening?  Gentle exercise, the worst thing is to sit for too long so walking slowly and gradually straighten up.  Also stretching exercises as the pain recedes.