Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi to Conti  (Read 455 times)

Ebonybones

Evorel Sequi to Conti
« on: June 06, 2024, 03:06:18 PM »

Has anyone switched to Conti from sequi and experienced a period every 7 days? Heavy and clots

I do have a 19mm fibroid

I thought conti would stop the bleeding but it’s worse than when I was on sequi

I know they say it takes 6 months to settle down and I might have breakthrough and spotting but surely every 7 days with clots isn’t classed as spotting

I’ve been on sequi for 15 years as had premature ovarian failure at age 36

I’m 51 and the consultant said I could switch to conti in March as I had gone a year without a period (I think she classes sequi periods as not real periods)

The dr is ringing me tomorrow I think I’m going to ask to change to Femseven 50 patch and 200mg Utrogestan to see if an increase in progesterone stops the bleeding and also another scan to check if the fibroid has grown

The noristerone is giving me terrible daily headaches which is why I want to switch to the Femseven patch as when I took that years ago I had no headaches

I do not want to go back to Sequi because I had Pof 15 years ago I shouldn’t be bleeding at all
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 03:14:53 PM by Ebonybones »

bombsh3ll

Re: Evorel Sequi to Conti
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 02:55:30 PM »

That amount of bleeding isn't acceptable, have you had a scan?

Assuming there's no issue that needs addressing such as endometrial hyperplasia, taking a higher dose of progestogen generally resolves bleeding problems although it can take a few months.

Have you considered a mirena IUS? That's another good option to sort out bleeding and avoids the need for systemic progestogen.

Ebonybones

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 03:55:26 PM »

Hi yes I had an ultrasound 18 months ago which showed a 19mm fibroid

I don’t want the coil

The dr rang today and has lowered my estergen to see if it help, she refuses to increase the progesterone

So it’s now
Evorel 25mg patch and 100mg Utrogestan

Before it was just the Evorel conti patch

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 05:41:02 PM »

I would want another scan, a lot can happen in 18 months. Oestrogen can make fibroids grow. Utro is a different progestin so perhaps it'll stop it (though probably not) but increasing the dose is a known strategy, there's no medical reason not to take 200mg a day. You may find 25mcg isn't enough to control your symptoms. Utro isn't the best for stopping problem bleeding, I know you don't want a mirena It's usually the most effective option. Could you see a more knowledgeable gp?

Ebonybones

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 05:47:03 PM »

Thanks Sheila, I’ve been referred for another scan, like you say things change in 18 months.

I’m hoping the Utro works for me, I may even try it vaginally to get the best effect

I will go back and see a different dr if nothings changed in 3 months on this new regime