Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after no bleed for years!  (Read 953 times)

Blackcat11

• First Flush
Bleeding after no bleed for years!
« on: June 06, 2024, 10:48:56 AM »

Firstly a thanks for this forum. Today is my first post but used this lots over recent months for advice and reassurance.
I’m 52 and have not had a ‘period’ for years. I’ve been on the POP contraceptive pill ( progesterone only) for years which apart from an odd every few months brown spotting had stopped my periods.
Last year started Evorel Conti patches. Still taking POP and on Vagirux for vaginal atrophy.

Recently felt more period type pains and had more frequent brown spotting.
Due to urine infection earlier in the year and constant weeing I’ve already had a vaginal ultrasound in March of this year. Just had cervical screening. Both results normal though scan mentioned I had the ovaries of post menopausal woman and atrophic.
Out of the blue on Sunday night I started with strong period pains and then fresh red blood when I wiped myself. Felt traumatised as can’t remember last time I had anything like this. Lasted over night into Monday . Not gushing out but there when I wiped and still very red. Became more dark and less then had stopped by Monday afternoon.
Spoke with doctors who said as I’d had scan and smear tests already and results were normal to monitor and get back to them if it happened again.
All ok since until this morning when I had period pains again and some darker red staining when I wipe after a wee.
Just a bit anxious now about this. Any help or advice would be appreciated if anyone has had similar.
Recently changed brand of POP .. not sure if that could have contributed to this?
Thanks

Dotty

Re: Bleeding after no bleed for years!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 12:03:15 PM »

Hi I would say that it’s due to the change in the POP, but worth seeking medical advice.

It could be that your previous pill stopped all bleeding and so you were put onto a combined HRT. However, you may not be post menopause and the change of pill has brought on the bleeding.

Which pill were you on and what have you changed to ?

Blackcat11

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 12:40:29 PM »

Thanks Dotty.
I’m still on Desogestral POP but just a change of brand when I collected prescription. This is Crescent brand which I’ve not had before though it says it is Desogestral.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 01:47:49 PM »

a change of brand can be different even though they say it's the same .

Blackcat11

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2024, 02:21:32 PM »

Thanks yes. The doctor said that too. I’ll try to get a brand I’ve used previously.