Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: The Royal Osteoporosis Society Risk Checker  (Read 925 times)

Emma

• Administrator
The Royal Osteoporosis Society Risk Checker
« on: May 29, 2024, 10:01:46 AM »

29 May 2024
The Royal Osteoporosis Society (ROS) has been campaigning for the last 46 weeks, for the extension of Fracture Liaison Services (FLS), to give people with osteoporosis an early diagnosis.

A low public awareness of osteoporosis continues to mean few people step forward for assessments after breaking a bone.

Since its launch, in 2023, the five minute osteoporosis risk checker has allowed over 29,000 people to get an early diagnosis.  For the risk checker and to get a personalised report on your bone health please use the Fracture Risk Assessment Tools links on our osteoporosis page.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 10:04:54 AM by Emma »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The Royal Osteoporosis Society Risk Checker
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2024, 11:26:36 AM »

I can't fill out the forms fully as they won't accept feet and inches  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2024, 12:01:38 PM »

Above the question to the right there's an option to select feet and inches. No option to select 'replace battery in bathroom scales' so my weight is a guess  :).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 01:34:53 PM »

;D. tnx.

merrygoround

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2024, 03:47:03 PM »

Interesting.

"Your answers show you have key risk factors for osteoporosis and we encourage you to take action.

Unless you’ve already had an osteoporosis assessment or medication, we urge you to make an appointment with your GP. Print off your results and use them to start a conversation about your bone health and what you can do to reduce your risk.

Hopefully you now have a better understanding of the main risk factors for osteoporosis and broken bones.
"

I initially tried to get HRT for my bone health on the NHS and hrt's simply not allowed for the prevention of any future health problems at all. HRT is only allowed for the short term gain of symptom relief because the possible long term benefits/risks aren't clear, so they say.
I already knew I was high risk for osteoporosis and low risk of hormonal cancer, heart disease etc
I had to pretend I wanted HRT for symptom control, then I got to take it for my future health, I hope this is being circulated to GPs because it's all a bit silly.