Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello - new member!  (Read 665 times)

Redsphynx

• First Flush
Hello - new member!
« on: June 04, 2024, 11:00:52 AM »

Hi,
Just saying hello and thanks for such a great resource. I'm a new member and finding the forums so helpful to not feel alone in my menopause struggles  :)

I turn 50 in August and have been struggling with peri-menopause symptoms for around 5yrs. I started HRT 2 weeks ago and already feel a benefit. Feeling grateful and relieved about that. I also have a diagnosis of VS and early stage VA so I'll be looking to learn more about how others manage these conditions. I'm currently on high dose steroid cream which is helping.

Red x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello - new member!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 11:45:44 AM »

OUCH if steroids are used on the vulva/vaginal areas  :welcomemm:

Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads.  Your GP can prescribe appropriate localised treatments as it's about managing the atrophy.

Redsphynx

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 11:52:49 AM »

OUCH if steroids are used on the vulva/vaginal areas  :welcomemm:

Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads.  Your GP can prescribe appropriate localised treatments as it's about managing the atrophy.

Thanks I'll have a good read! I'm nervous about using the steroid cream on genital skin but GP said it was the only option for VS. If there are alternatives I'd be much happier.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 11:56:37 AM »

Remind me - having a Senior Moment here  ;D - what's VS = ...........

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use too.

BermudaQueen

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024, 07:39:13 AM »

Hi, oh I know how VA feels, it’s awful and so often not talked about, so glad I found this forum,  none of us are alone with it, it’s great to be able to talk honestly about it ☺️