Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti persistent bleeding.  (Read 836 times)

Jo.A

• First Flush
Evorel Conti persistent bleeding.
« on: June 03, 2024, 05:51:43 PM »

Hi all.
New to this forum but really frustrated with managing my post menopausal symptoms ATM. After going on Evorel Conti patches a year ago, everything seemed to be going great until 6 months into using them. Started on and off bleeding for the following 6 months so after having a womb biopsy to check for anything sinister, luckily the results came back all clear apart from slight thickening of the womb lining. I was discharged from the gynaecological dept with no further follow ups. Bleeding still hadn't stopped so I stopped using patches after becoming totally fed up. After about a week have since had a really painful, sore and itchy vagina which I'm assuming is because my estrogen is now at a non existent level.This is stopping me from sleeping altogether. About to try Estriol 1mg estrogen cream with applicator as an alternative to the Evorel Conti patches butwanted anyone's views on whether they had similar experiences with the patches and what the alternative recommendations were from their GP. I feel at my wit's end with my GP not particularly helpful with my HRT journey and I feel I'm not being given any sort of guidance as to what's best for me. HELP!

Pauline67

Re: Evorel Conti persistent bleeding.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 08:03:38 AM »

Morning Jo

I was on Evorel conti and I also started bleeding after being on them for months, I went to my doctor and she changed me to Evorel 75 and Utrogestan (2 a night) the bleeding stopped and after a couple of months on the Utrogestan I reduced to 1 a night for 25 days and 3 off.  Ive not had a bleed since.  Maybe see if your GP will let you try this alternative.

Good luck
Pauline

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 08:04:49 AM »

Morning.  Get that vaginal atrophy treatment up there ASAP ;-).  Do read the various/many threads on the subject: make notes.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; nostrils, ears, eyes, vagina and muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Some find that as well as VA treatment: vagifem [pessary], ovestin [applicator] : they require other forms of HRT.  Hopefully some1 will be along.  If not, do put the product names of your regime into the search box and read threads.  Let us know how you get on.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 07:16:23 PM »

I was on evorel conti for a few years and had frequent incidents of bleeding over the years and had various investigations. In the end I was advised to have a mirena coil to control the bleeding. I had one fitted about 10 weeks ago. The bleeding has finally stopped (following insertion) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Looking on here many women have bleeding issues with evorel conti.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2024, 10:24:11 AM »

You need more progesterone. A mirena is the most effective way to stop problem bleeding but a higher dose of any other progestin will do the job too. It's unfortunate conti patches only come in one strength so there's no option to increase either oestrogen or progesterone.