Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Different type of hot flush!!!  (Read 844 times)

Nt78

• First Flush
Different type of hot flush!!!
« on: June 03, 2024, 11:57:20 AM »

Hi
Just wanted to ask.
I’m 46
I have been having episodes of feeling hot, for prolonged periods of time, ie lasting about 2-3 hours, and then settling with some minor chills. Every time I have measured my temperature, it was normal.
Also went to urgent care for temperature check when I was feeling hot and ‘flushed’ and it was normal!
Periods had got lighter, and irregular in last 4-5 months.
I had number of tests- blood tests and CT scan all normal! And GP wondering if perimenopause
Has anyone experienced these ‘warm to hot feelings’ lasting several hours, and then feeling fine in between these episodes?
Sometimes wakes me from sleep overnight too, but temperature recorded always is normal.
It is almost as if skin feels hot, but core temperature is normal!!
I’m really confused!

jaypo

Re: Different type of hot flush!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 12:01:50 PM »

I don't think hot flushes affect your temperature,as when covid was on the go, you had your temp taken before going into the dr surgery and I was joking saying ....Hope I don't get a hot flush whilst your taking my temp & the nurse said flushes don't give you a high reading.....so....🤷‍♀️

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 12:03:42 PM »

Yes I have had these. I've never had an actual flush with redness, sweating etc, mine manifest in exactly the way you described. Started happening during covid times so I'd often check my temp and it was always normal. For me it was either low estrogen or, when taking hrt, would be when I had to take the progrsterone as the one I was taking (utrogestan) was thermogenic.

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2024, 12:53:39 PM »

@ penguin
Thanks for the reply
I’m not on HRT yet.
The low estrogen you mentioned- was that pre-HRT you had these similar symptoms as mine?

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2024, 12:55:42 PM »

@ Jaypo,
Did you have similar symptoms to mine then? As in prolonged episodes of feeling warm/hot?

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2024, 12:56:00 PM »

Yes, they went with hrt almost immediately. The only time they came back was in really hot weather in Turkey when my estrogel stopped working and my E must have dipped too low.
Saying that, a lot of progesterones given on hrt make you hotter but not in exactly the same way.
The pre hrt feeling was like someone was holding a blow torch to my skin, very unpleasant. Sounds like you need estrogen!

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2024, 01:07:14 PM »

Really sorry to keep bothering you, but did the feeling of heat last for several hours at a time, as mine are?

And thank you sooooooooo much for your replies and your support, I really appreciate.
I keep feeling it’s something else worse, as my presumed hot flushes are not typical.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2024, 01:22:53 PM »

Really sorry to keep bothering you, but did the feeling of heat last for several hours at a time, as mine are?

And thank you sooooooooo much for your replies and your support, I really appreciate.
I keep feeling it’s something else worse, as my presumed hot flushes are not typical.

Yes, hours and hours and then I'd suddenly be fine again.

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2024, 02:07:21 PM »

[/quote]

Thank you!! Appreciate your help

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2024, 02:45:45 PM »

I haven't personally but my friend did,she had no option but to go on HRT as she was red all around her neck and chest for hours and it got worse come the warmer weather. I'm now 60 not on or never have been on hrt and my flushes have subsided a fair bit but still get very hot 🥵

Nt78

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2024, 03:24:03 PM »

I haven't personally but my friend did,she had no option but to go on HRT as she was red all around her neck and chest for hours and it got worse come the warmer weather. I'm now 60 not on or never have been on hrt and my flushes have subsided a fair bit but still get very hot 🥵

Yes that’s what’s happening to me - mainly on face neck and chest I feel hot, sometimes rest of body  for hours