Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Terrible night- withdrawal?? Help x  (Read 1309 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Terrible night- withdrawal?? Help x
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2024, 02:58:35 PM »

My withdrawal symptoms last 8-9 weeks under reduced dosage. After each reduction I felt odd: those feelings went after 12 hours and didn't become any worse.  This was a reduction of taking the same dose on alternate days for 7 days.  Then the same dose every 3rd day for 7 days followed by reducing the actual dose gradually leaving more days between each tablet.  My GP had access to small amounts that are not prescribed but help with any withdrawal symptoms.  During those weeks I was seen by the GP every 5 days to check on progress or the Nurse Practitioner would ring me at home.

Your GP could refer you to a Psychiatrist who will have more knowledge about potential over-all side effects . 

How does your partner support you?

Vicky81

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2024, 05:14:35 PM »

Hes amazing
But the anxiety has become much worse today. Sat staring and very not myself.
Very agitated and feeling not here it's scary.
They do say these symptoms can cone on from 2 days after stopping. I thought it was hormones but no way can it be...

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2024, 06:02:18 PM »

It absolutely can be hormones.  Cyclical symptoms will rise and fall depending on how hormone levels are.  Do U keep a diary of symptoms?

How much experience have you had in recent years with anti-depressant medication?

"they" being who exactly? 

Anxiety can feed itself.  Some recommend blowing gently into a brown paper bag; jogging; walking in bright sunshine; eating little and often. 

"He's amazing" but 'how' does he support you? 

Vicky81

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2024, 06:19:47 PM »

Hi I just meant publications from royal college psychistrists etc that I've read.

Yes I always keep adaily log.
The sy.ptons amplified from day 7 of this AD now I'm having side effects or withdrawal....gp agreedx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2024, 06:40:19 PM »

GP agreed face2face with discussion about everything that you are taking and how they might mix/not?  Why are you reading Publications at all?  Most Medical Publications are beyond the ken of most mere mortals: I know, I typed many  ::)

And breath - what do you want any of us to suggest in any of your various threads? 

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2024, 08:01:32 AM »

Morning Vicky61 - it would be helpful to many members if you replied to those queries put your way.  Also, do read through all your threads; make notes which will enable U 2 C how shared experiences might help you come to terms with your symptoms.

Dierdre

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2024, 08:34:45 AM »

Diedre- so yiu think I still getting AD side effects?

Wpukd explain it

Was you like this before you took the AD's, stands to resaon if not then it's the tablets. Is there any improvement today?
Pages: 1 [2]