Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Question - Sleep - 1 or 2?  (Read 735 times)

JJ1970

• First Flush
Utrogestan Question - Sleep - 1 or 2?
« on: June 02, 2024, 08:39:51 AM »

Hi all,

First time poster but have been lurking for a while, and have found all the info really helpful.  sorry for the long question but I couldn’t find this answered anywhere!

I was on Everol patches for 5 months and they were working really well but then I started with bad insomnia and anxiety so the doctor suggested I change to everol 75 and Utrogestan as it would help me sleep.  She first said take 2 a day for 12 days and then changed her mind as not had period for 9 months and said take 1 daily.  I’ve taken 1 at night for about 10 days but my sleep is just the same.  does anyone know if taking 2 at night actually works better for sleep, or am I just one of the unlucky ones who it has no impact on?  I think I would rather have 12 good sleeps a month if so.  Also did anyone’s sleep improve a while after starting taking Utrogestan or is it more an immediate thing in that it sedates you (or not).

I suppose I could just try take 2 one night to see if it helps.

Thanks in advance, Jen

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan Question - Sleep - 1 or 2?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 08:49:47 AM »

Although utro helps most people sleep it doesn't for everyone, it actually makes mine worse. Insomnia is a symptom of oestrogen deficiency but the increased dose will take a while to work. It took 3 months for mine to be completely cured.

JJ1970

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 08:52:59 AM »

Thanks Sheila  :), that’s reassuring that it might get better, nothing worse than no sleep.  I think I might just need to be patient and hope the increased oestrogen works. Jen

Arya Underfoot

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 02:57:38 AM »

Hi, I've recently been experimenting with taking 2 capsules of Utrogestan every night to help with anxiety and sleep, I was previously taking 100mcg continuously. I am also on a high dose of oestrogen (100 patches). It's only been a week but I am definitely sleeping better, waking up earlier, feeling refreshed rather than a zombie. I am recently post-menopausal, no cervix and haven't yet experienced any bad effects from the extra progesterone. This could be an option for you to try out if you're desperate for some sleep.

merrygoround

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2024, 06:54:42 AM »

I couldn't sleep while taking utrogestan, I was absolutely wired 24/7 on that stuff, with horrible indigestion too.
I tried daily doses of 200mg orally, then 100mg orally, then 100mg vaginally and finally 100mg rectally. All of them stopped me sleeping to various degrees and vaginally added local irritation to the mix.

I'd get a couple of hours dosing then wide awake again, until about three days after I stopped taking it each month, then I could sleep normally again.

Sleep is definitely not a universal side effect!!!

JJ1970

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 06:43:50 PM »

Hi, I've recently been experimenting with taking 2 capsules of Utrogestan every night to help with anxiety and sleep, I was previously taking 100mcg continuously. I am also on a high dose of oestrogen (100 patches). It's only been a week but I am definitely sleeping better, waking up earlier, feeling refreshed rather than a zombie. I am recently post-menopausal, no cervix and haven't yet experienced any bad effects from the extra progesterone. This could be an option for you to try out if you're desperate for some sleep.

That’s good to know, I think it’s worth me trying that to see if it has an impact :-)