Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dosing and histamine  (Read 455 times)

Twinmummi123

Dosing and histamine
« on: May 27, 2024, 10:15:44 PM »

Hi all!

I am 49, been on HRT since 2020 and currently on 4 pumps of oestrogel (increased from 3, 6 weeks ago as the hot flushes were back with a vengeance) progesterone 100mg daily. Hot flushes have subsided thank god, as have the feelings of anxiety etc.

I have had a bad heat rash on my chest and also very itchy behind my knees…I’ve never suffered with this before and I’ve started taking an antihistamine…question is, is this ok with the HRT?

I have a telephone appt with the menopause clinic in July (2 year wait) I initially went private in 2020 as was at my wits end and the GP wouldn’t entertain HRT (I can’t afford private appt now) I do have it prescribed on NHS but have no help or advice so just work it out myself.

I’m worried that if I need to up the gel again at some point, the GP won’t allow me more…is that something they can do?

Thanks 🙏🏼

pepperminty

Re: Dosing and histamine
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 05:42:49 AM »

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 07:10:25 AM »

Hello Twinmummi123

I haven't read pepperminty's link but when I was with a private meno clinic ( Newson Health) the doctor there suggested I take an antihistamine with my HRT. As I recall she suggested a non drowsy one as I didn't need it for sleep.

I hope this helps you and take care.

K.

Twinmummi123

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 07:30:54 AM »

I hope this helps.

https://balance-menopause.com/uploads/2021/09/Histamine-Intolerance-1.pdf

PMxx

Thank you for this! Wow.

I’ve had a read and it all makes sense…but the list of histamine foods is exactly what I and my family eat on a plant based diet 😫 I need to have a think about how to make some adjustments.

So very interesting how oestrogen has such an effect.

Thanks again.

Twinmummi123

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 07:32:28 AM »

Hello Twinmummi123

I haven't read pepperminty's link but when I was with a private meno clinic ( Newson Health) the doctor there suggested I take an antihistamine with my HRT. As I recall she suggested a non drowsy one as I didn't need it for sleep.

I hope this helps you and take care.

K.

Thank you! It’s so interesting the link between oestrogen and histamine I had no idea!! The link is a good read.

I will continue to take the histamine and see how I get on.

Thank you ☺️