Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Yikes, oestrogen levels have spiked, breakthrough bleeding, will this never end?  (Read 606 times)

Minnie Mouse

Hi all,
I thought I was feeling a bit "wired"....
A blood test result came back with high oestrogen 1055 pmol/L.
My GP not too worried, said there's new advice on Lenzetto, it can "form a depot store of oestradiol under the skin" which can give falsely elevated results.
I wanted to drop down from 4 sprays Lenzetto anyway, had recurrent burning skin sensation which feels connected (but no-one can tell me anything medically to confirm this).
And then last night, some breakthrough bleeding after 6 months of no bleeding at all (I'm 5 years into Peri, thought my periods had stopped).
Back to GP...
What a nightmare, anyone had similar?
 :'( :'( :'(

joziel

It's probably that your own body has contributed some estrogen just randomly. It's why bloods are not reliable during peri. If you feel good apart from this I wouldn't change anything. Lenzetto is quite low dose and it would be very unusual to be at 1000pmol just on Lenzetto.... more likely that your body made some.

1000pmol isn't that high, by the way. Your own body would have regularly been that high when you ovulated every month most of your life.

Minnie Mouse

Thanks, useful to know.
This whole thing is a magical mystery tour, and not so magical :o

joziel

That's for sure. I now have to get off thyroid meds because I trialled them in the hope that was responsible for some of my symptoms and I don't think it was.... My thyroid is now suppressed so this is not going to be fun.  ::)

Minnie Mouse

Lordy, it continues to amaze me that so little is known about all these changes, and so everything becomes trial & error.
If I wanted to be a guinea pig I'd have bought a giant cage  ;D

Booroo

Lordy, it continues to amaze me that so little is known about all these changes, and so everything becomes trial & error.
If I wanted to be a guinea pig I'd have bought a giant cage  ;D

I agree totally with that! Have said it myself so many times

joziel

Yes and doctors know about as much about thyroid as menopause  ;D  Let alone both together...