Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Very sudden onset  (Read 485 times)

jennaa252

• First Flush
Very sudden onset
« on: May 27, 2024, 12:51:19 PM »

Please tell me if someone had the same experience as me, i am 48 and was regular the last 15 years, then i had two periods in one months and started having mild hot flashes, no sleep and was late, i did blood work for estradiol, progesterone , testosterone , FSH and LH and it showed post menopause levels, how can this be so sudden?, i am in the US and cannot go to the doctor right now because of insurance, a friend Nurse put me on Vivielle- dot patch and prometrium pills and i feel slightly better as far as symptoms but that doesn't resolve any questions why it happened so suddenly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 01:48:59 PM by jennaa252 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Very sudden onset
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 01:07:44 PM »

Morning.  It's 2.15 p.m. here.

:welcomemm:  The Change - does what it says on the tin.  My periods waxed and waned for several years: normal; missed several; normal, missed a lot until they disappeared.  I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years, on an in-case basis.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress. Browse round. make notes :-).  Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads, 4warned is 4armed.

Ask away

sheila99

Re: Very sudden onset
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 03:57:38 PM »

It probably hasn't. Blood tests are notoriously unreliable in peri because your own hormones vary so much from day to day.