Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sudden appearence of wrinkles all over my cheeks  (Read 2069 times)

Wrensong

Re: Sudden appearence of wrinkles all over my cheeks
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 06:21:16 AM »

Furyan, I really sympathise with the juggling - it's an absolute pain & I'm still struggling to get an acceptable balance.  You too with the marked fluid retention on oestrogen then  :-\  Don't want to take this thread off piste, but just a quick thought - have you tried testosterone for the dryness & libido?  No need to reply here, just something to maybe consider if you haven't.  All T3 now?  Be very interested to know how you get on with that.  :)
Wx

koolkat

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2024, 05:25:55 PM »

HI,
Thank you for reading. I have temporary changed my Oestrogel to an Italian brand (Estreva) but have not upped the dose yet. The skin dryness has improved a bit (same with eyes dryness), the wrinkles have not disappeared, perhaps a tiny bit better. As soon as I finished this pump I will go back to Oestrogel and up to three pumps. Recently seen my gynae wh told me my estrogen was pretty low (I think she said 119, if I am not wrong, but not sure what the correct amount is)
I'll report in a few weeks

Cris

koolkat

I haven't read all the responses yet but I will as it looks interesting.

Just wanted to say that I have both developed crow's feet overnight and then at other times they have disappeared.  No one has believed me.  In the end I've worked out that it is something to do with hormones.  Oestrogen does take them away, literally overnight.  And during my period (I'm on evorel sequi but not sure if I'm in menopause yet), if it's a bad one as in a lot of symptoms of low oestrogen, my eyes will go puffy and crows feet appear on the sides.

There's got to be something in this.  I see someone's helped above on the hormonal side and I will come back to read, I imagine as it's arrived quickly it's not permanent as yet and there will be things you can do to reverse or mitigate it  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2024, 06:44:18 PM »

Koolkat, if your ostradiol is 119 pmol/L, that's quite low.  The postmenopausal range at the lab I use goes up to 189, but it does vary quite a bit between labs.  I'm long postmenopause, in my 60s & my BMS registered gynae advises aiming for 300-800 for optimal symptom relief & bone protection.  But what level we feel our best at also varies quite a bit & within that range might be too high for some women postmenopause.  Hope you feel better for increasing the gel.
Wx
Pages: 1 [2]