Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gallstones .  (Read 701 times)

Strugglinglady

Gallstones .
« on: May 20, 2024, 11:10:30 PM »

Hello everyone. I’m posting on here because I think I have gallstones  and I know some ladies have had problems with them and I don’t know where else to ask for advice. I also think it is related to the HRT. I started again a couple of weeks ago. My symptoms are terrible gripping pain around the waist like I have a tight band around there severe bloating and nausea. I have had this before but I haven’t connected it with gallstones. . I just thought it was gastritis. I do have digestive issues but nothing like this. I had this pain for five hours yesterday. I had it on Saturday as well. It goes away, but it still leaves me  Feeling very nauseous most of the time . I’m seeing the doctor tomorrow. The pain eventually radiated up under my right rib eventually. It was pretty intense. I couldn’t do anything much. I’m just after some advice because I’m very anxious. Can anybody advise please? Thank you .

Minusminnie

Re: Gallstones .
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 06:47:51 AM »

If you can don’t eat any fatty food if possible as it will bring on a bout of pain if this is gallstones.

I had them in 2000 and didn’t get a scan which I believe happens nowadays so hope you get one soon.

Jules

Re: Gallstones .
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 07:02:34 AM »

My sister cut fat out of her diet completely while waiting for surgery. It was the only way she stopped the pain. Very hard to do, it means any food that has fat in eg salmon, it limits your diet a lot, it helped though.