Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Difference rates of patch absorption in different body areas  (Read 579 times)

Gilla999

Sorry for multiple posts, but they're on different topics!

I just had a thought that I could try moving my patch to my buttock area (I apply to stomach below belly button currently) in a bid to beat the allergic skin reaction I've suddenly developed to Evorel. It might not work, but it's worth a shot before going through the upheaval of changing regime completely.

Has anyone experienced any difference in how much they absorb from one area to another on the body? I was a little bit confused in researching, as it talks about gel being better absorbed in thin areas of the skin, but from the little I could find it seemed to be the opposite for patches - but it wasn't clear. Just wondered if anyone had any anecdotal experience to share!

shrosphirelass

Re: Difference rates of patch absorption in different body areas
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 10:55:23 AM »

I changed from applying on buttocks to thigh and it seemed that I didn't absorb as well. I had an increase in symptoms, so changed back.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 12:20:53 PM »

I found lower abdomen the best. Tried top of thigh and buttock though it could be that they don't seem to stick as well there rather than it being an absorption issue.

Gilla999

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 04:24:08 PM »

Thanks ladies, appreciate it xx

Abc123

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 01:05:48 PM »

I can't say as I couldn't tell a difference but I don't think I was absorbing well anywhere.

I went from thigh to lower abdomen and it helped for a few weeks but then the allergy caught up to my belly! I tried leg again but that really reacted badly so then changed to gel and utrogestan,originally orally but after a two months when to pv as my mood was very low. I'll never know if it was due to oral progesterone or low B12 or low oestrogen and the timing of all have been within a couple of months.

Hoping the switch of area works for you!