Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: High levels from fel - help  (Read 566 times)

Vicky81

High levels from fel - help
« on: May 19, 2024, 05:47:31 AM »

Hi all me again

So as yiu know last week I was using the gel for 5 days, had a blood test Friday and it was 1630.

Now I know I've had a huge dip hence all the terrible anxiety, especially in the morning and heavy crying.
My friend advised just sticking to the patch which I know you ladies advised which I have.

So I was on 65mg before I had all thus crying, do you think because my levels shot up from the gel I should stay on 75mg patch (as advised by NAS i think) and carry on with it as I'm still low flat mood, physical anxiety.  If this was you woukd you lower the patch or keep to 75? Because I feel like I'm fluctuating xxxx

Dotty

Re: High levels from fel - help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 10:32:49 AM »

Hi Vicky…was it a blood test drawn from a vein or one from a finger **** test ? Is yoir GP asking for blood tests ?

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 04:50:52 PM »

From vein.....but I had no gel on my arm

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 11:03:53 AM »

Did you use the gel before the blood test ?

merrygoround

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 12:22:19 PM »

Are you using both patches and gel?
I found oestrogen worked great at first but the good feeling never lasted, as others have mentioned recently in another thread, it stops working quite quickly for some.

There are alternatives, I seem to be the only one on this forum currently on tibolone. Doesn't seem plausable, does it? I'd guess noone else needs assistance with tibolone and just gets on with life, or they don't find support here, but some people aren't allowed it.

I'm NHS, so don't know about numbers and blood tests. What I do know is in recent years I tried four brands of oestrogen and five progesterones, all HRTs, including some combined products. All of them felt very unbalanced and emotionally chaotic.

In total I've been 13 or 14 months on tibolone, had to stop it for a while, then started again.
I feel better on tibolone than I have in years, end of story.

What's a finger **** test?