Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ref to gynae  (Read 626 times)

Scottish lass

Ref to gynae
« on: May 17, 2024, 08:03:49 AM »

My brain has gone into full catastrophe mode!!! I went to the GP about my ongoing but improving staining on hrt and she.said that my pelvic ultrasound commented I had a bulky cervix so GP going to refer me to gynecology. I have googled I know I shouldn't 😱😱😱😱

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ref to gynae
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 08:24:31 AM »

What's the worst that could happen?

Scottish lass

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 08:48:35 AM »

I have something horrendous and untreatable

Nas

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 09:00:09 AM »

Most conditions are treatable ( even horrendous ones ).

Don’t google, stick to reliable sources from the NHS.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 10:39:49 AM »

My brain has gone into full catastrophe mode!!! I went to the GP about my ongoing but improving staining on hrt and she.said that my pelvic ultrasound commented I had a bulky cervix so GP going to refer me to gynecology. I have googled I know I shouldn't 😱😱😱😱
I've recently had a referral albeit for something different, I had a small thickening on my cervix. I know how you feel, your mind runs away with itself partly because of the language used. I got in such a state of anxiety, it was so unpleasant. By the time I got there, the consultant had looked at my case and more or less told me she didnt expect to find anything worrying, that was before she had even looked. Best not to google though. I stopped that last year when I had aan unexpected diagnosis. It usually doesn't help to reassure. Wait and see what the gyny says

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 11:32:43 AM »

I have had countless scans for unscheduled bleeding. The last one showed thickening and fluid which the consultant said was suggestive of cancer. When I had my hysteroscopy 6 weeks later the lining was thin and no fluid was there. This shows that things can change very rapidly. There were no concerns and I was discharged. Reading other peoples experience on here alongside mine, in most instances there isn't a problem. Try not to worry, easier said than done, but the hysteroscopy will give answers and if by any chance anything needs to be done they will sort out a treatment plan.

Nas

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 11:39:12 AM »

I have had countless scans for unscheduled bleeding. The last one showed thickening and fluid which the consultant said was suggestive of cancer. When I had my hysteroscopy 6 weeks later the lining was thin and no fluid was there. This shows that things can change very rapidly. There were no concerns and I was discharged. Reading other peoples experience on here alongside mine, in most instances there isn't a problem. Try not to worry, easier said than done, but the hysteroscopy will give answers and if by any chance anything needs to be done they will sort out a treatment plan.

That’s it exactly, In most cases, the bleeding/ staining etc amounts to nothing serious, but they need to follow protocol. As you say, the hysteroscopy will reveal more and will hopefully offer reassurance.

Try to refrain from googling though  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 12:33:25 PM »

That's awful shropshirelass - were you alone when the consultant made that suggestion?  Some have no bed-side manner at all, it is how patients are informed that really matters!  So pleased that you are now 'within normal limits'.

Scottish Lass - Most conditions are treatable.  Make a list of your worried to discuss at your next appt., take some1 with you to listen to the bits that you might miss ;-).

Dr GOOGLE knows, not a lot. 

lillith112

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 05:52:10 PM »

I have a bulky uterus and thickened lining, had pipelle biopsy a week ago, still waiting for the results. The gyne didn't say anything about the bulky uterus, and said I'm probably still ovulating at 51 !! She thinks my results will be absolutely fine. I know it's hard but ry not to worry. ☺️ x