Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Higher the patch hot flushes worse.  (Read 671 times)

Allanajane

Higher the patch hot flushes worse.
« on: May 16, 2024, 05:46:16 PM »

Hi was hoping Someone had any advice and help. Iv been on hrt patches of and no for years. Recently I went into a depression for 8 weeks with anxiety. Just back to work this week. Was on Everol 25 and Utrogestan 100 per night. Menopause nurse upped my citralapran from 10 mg to 20 mg. Upped my patch to 75 Everol but burning up so tried 50 still burning up. So tried cutting patch too 37 still burning up and soaking with sweat all day and threw the night. As from yesterday dropped patch now 25 Everol and tempeture ok. I need the higher strength for my mental health and sleep but my body sweats too much with it. Really don’t no wht to do anymore. Thanks allana.

Penguin

Re: Higher the patch hot flushes worse.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 07:41:12 PM »

How long ago did you increase the citalopram? When I tried to increase from 10 to 20, I experienced excessive sweating and turns out it is one of the known side effects! Could it be related to that?

Taz2

Re: Higher the patch hot flushes worse.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 11:01:14 PM »

I agree with Penguin. This could very well be related to the citalopram. This is from the NHS site but should also be in your patient information leaflet https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/citalopram/side-effects-of-citalopram/

Taz x