Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ultrasun Sunscreen with Oestrogel  (Read 1082 times)

gc123

• First Flush
Ultrasun Sunscreen with Oestrogel
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:28:44 AM »

Hi all, first time poster here.  :)  I have just started with Oestrogel and Utrogestan and have been advised to apply my gel in the morning and take the Utrogestan at bedtime. I was wondering if anyone used Ultrasun once a day sunscreen whilst using Oestrogel?  The Ultrasun is similar to the Oestrogel in that it should be applied to clean dry skin with any face/body creams applied after its absorbed.

I was planning on just applying the ultrasun an hour after the Oestrogel but I wanted to check if this is what anyone else had done as I don't want to end up sunburnt.

Thank you  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ultrasun Sunscreen with Oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:36 AM »

Unless you are planning to run around naked ............  ;)

:welcomemm:  if you are applying to an arm/leg, then simply miss that area out when adding sun screen which we should all be considering now that the sun is getting some warmth.  I have insisted that DH has a hat on as we are sitting outside :-).

Browse round.  Make notes.  Let us know more about yourself, nowt is OTT here.  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful to chart progress. 

gc123

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 11:27:44 AM »

Lol thank you  :)

And thank you, will do. The diary is defo a good idea as hadn't really thought of doing so.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »

Let us know how you get on.

We have a 'funny' room - Doing Stupid Things and There's a Stange Woman in My House ...... good for a giggle.

Suziemc

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 03:38:53 PM »

Hi gc123

I've never tried Ultrasun but I think I would either apply it one hour after the oestrogel and keep an eye on those specific areas in case you need to reapply (ie if not as effective as on clean skin) Or I'd use ordinary sunscreen on those areas and keep reapplying as you would with the ordinary stuff.

The other alternative, if its just for holidays, is to switch your gel application time and maybe put on your gel after your early evening/post sunny day activities. Lots of people use gel in evenings rather than mornings as it suits their routine. Personally I'm fortunate not to need very regular gel 'fixes' so I vary my application to suit my daily activities if I'm doing something where my morning application doesn't suit.

If your question is holiday related - have a wonderful time 😎

Suzie