Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Low Blood Pressure and Passing Out  (Read 1445 times)

sharonsugar

• First Flush
Low Blood Pressure and Passing Out
« on: September 21, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »

Hello ladies,

I'm new here, and joined hoping for some answers. I'm 50 and fully menopausal since June last year. Beein on Evorel Conti since May and have had a few funny turns since.

I passed out a few weeks back and have noticed my blood pressure drop quite drastically after drinking alcohol. My blood pressure was as low as 70/40 and I've been having dizzy spells and fatigue. Just wondered if anyone else had this experience.

I spoke to a paramedic who said she'd had several call outs from ladies who had funny turns since going on HRT. I couldn't find any reference to this anywhere so wanted to see if there's anyone else out there who has this.

It's really helped with back, hip and pelvis problems I had so I'm keen to stay on, but it looks like I must give up alcohol. One thing I thought was maybe cutting the Evorel Conti patch in half to reduce the dose (not sure if this is high, medium or low dose) and seeing if it helps or just giving up alcohol, but I think the lower blood pressure has also contributed to me feeling lethargic.

I have an appointment for a cardio trace to check there's no irregularities with my heart, but seem to have had issue after issue this year when I'm normally really robust and healthy.

Thanks in advance for any advice, it really is appreciated.
Sharon

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low Blood Pressure and Passing Out
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 10:49:49 AM »

Give up the alcohol.  Many find that they become intolerant as hormones rise and fall  ::)

:welcomemm:  some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Keeping hydrated, gentle exercise and good diet is essential.

What does your GP suggest regarding your fainting.  Have you had a standing/sitting BP check with your Nurse Practitioner?   DH has a BP machine, taking his at the same time B4 eating.  Best of 3 readings.

You may be shouldn't drive until this is sorted.  You may be anaemic.  Your GP should do a blood test including VitD levels and thyroid function test. 

Marchlove

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 11:14:51 AM »

Hi Sharon

I have low blood pressure too!

So best things I’ve found are eating regular meals, don’t skip breakfast.

Eat sea salt, I have half a spoon twice a day.

Take B12 and folate daily.

A few more tips in this article.

https://manhattancardiology.com/what-to-eat-to-help-raise-low-blood-pressure/

Mine has improved a lot since doing all of this.

Good luck x

sharonsugar

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 12:28:17 PM »

Thank you so much for the advice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 12:30:39 PM »

First thing - see your GP or Nurse Practitioner, or local Pharmacist who usually have private rooms and BP machines.  There will be a reason for this which needs to be sorted B4 you drive anywhere.

Odonnell

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 06:42:21 PM »

I've just started evorel 50 and I fainted last week and blood pressure has dropped so I have took patch of until I speak to dr