Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I gained 8ibs on evorel sequi  (Read 1064 times)

KaraShannon

Re: I gained 8ibs on evorel sequi
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2024, 11:20:43 PM »

For what it's worth, no weight gain here on evorel sequi in general (over 4 years) but a bit over the last year but my oestrogen levels shot up to 'too high even for a 30 year old' (GP's words, it took them 5 months to give me the blood test result and I asked numerous times but that's another story).

Wondering if a blood test to check oestrogen levels might help?  If they are too high maybe that's the problem rather than the HRT per se.  Sorry if you've had one, I've only had a quick scan of the thread.  :)

Penguin

Re: I gained 8ibs on evorel sequi
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2024, 05:39:55 AM »

I started Evorel Sequi a few months ago, and my appetitie has exploded (particularly during the Evorel 50 phase) even though I'm on weight loss medication that normally suppresses appetite. I've also been doing loads of exercise so fortunately haven't put on any weight. I do wonder if it's just natural change in appetite as menopause approaches (I started HRT as symptoms became noticeable) or if it's due to my mood improving on HRT or whether it is the patches. It's trange as I feel like in my case it's not so much slowed down my metabolism but speeded it up hence I'm making up for it by eating? Hmm. I guess we're all different. I did read somewhere though that it's best not to put the estrogen patches on your stomach as estrogen attracts fat, but how true that is, I don't know. I put mine on bum/lower back or thighs.

Defo true that estrogen gets stored in fat cells. It also influences fat distribution in your menstruating years.
Pages: 1 [2]