Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 2083 times)

Calendula

Advice Please
« on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:04 AM »

Hi, I'm currently  having a bad flare up and my labia is very sore, swollen and raw with traces of blood. I've been on Ovestin for 9 maths and use yes va with the odd flare but doable. Last month my chemist gave me blissel saying they are not stocking ovestin any more but said its very similar but in gel form. I think the blissel has maybe caused the bad flare up. Spoke to a gp (phone app) who said go back to using ovestin ( now getting perscription posted monthly via pharmacy2u ). Angry with chemist but with myself also for using the blissel it seems to much of a coincidence the flare up happened when using it. Anyway any advice for my sore labia I'm finding it hard to sit or walk I just want to lay on my bed and cry. And I'm also worried about the traces of blood it's as if my skin there is disintegrating. I wear baggy cotton pants but even these are rubbing. To make things worse the only gp that new about VA has now left :(. Thanks...

Minusminnie

Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 07:41:34 AM »

It sounds like you were previously handling things and the sooner your new script comes the better.

I wouldn’t do anything different in the meantime that might make things worse.

AngelaH

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2024, 09:40:54 AM »

Last month my chemist gave me blissel saying they are not stocking ovestin any more but said it’s very similar but in gel form.
There are not similar, Ovestin much stronger than Blissel. For those who need higher dose of estriol Blissel may not help .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 11:01:48 AM »

Why aren't the medical profession keeping up?  Is it cost with 'ovestin' which has been rebranded anyway.

Let us know how you get on and do ask about costings.  A few months ago I was prescribed a cheaper AD and it badly affected me.  Surgery changed it, no more problems. It was the cheaper buy!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 07:55:26 PM by CLKD »

Tulip

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2024, 04:49:21 PM »

Bloody hell!! Is there a reason you can't have patches? That's a horrible thing to have to put up with.

Calendula

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 10:05:49 AM »

I'm 67yrs, I had a hysterectomy at 45yrs and went onto hrt patches, then got breast cancer at 50 and had to come off hrt and never been able to get back on it since due to be risk ( although some docs don't agree anymore saying the risk is minimal when using topical estrogen ). To be honest I would take the risk to use patches if it means ridding myself of this awful VA. Quality of life is so important..

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 11:35:08 AM »

Go to another Chemist!

Quality of Life is important.  U may never get a recurrence.  It never crosses my mind when using VA treatment that it could be a trigger. 

What have U used this week to ease symptoms?

Calendula

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 01:43:34 PM »

My surgery has started using Pharmacy2u postal service so I have just received my Ovestin yesterday ( my script still says Ovestin ) it was the chemist who gave out blissel I didn't realise till I got home and it was the beginning of Easter hols so I ( stupidly) used it as I didn't want to be without. I've started back on my Ovestin and I am using Yess vm daily. I can't prove blissel caused the bad flare up but it seems to be a coincidence after using it, who knows anyway hopefully things will settle now...

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 01:50:03 PM »

Use for at least 2-3 weeks every night to ease any symptoms.

It mayB the fillers or amount of Bissell [that's a brush/mop thingy  ;D ] that could have aggravated.

Calendula

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2024, 07:25:06 PM »

My labia is really swollen and itchy/painful, I am using ovestin internally nightly and yess vm on outer. Would using ovestin on labia help  I've only ever used it internally I don't want to irritate it further but would appreciate any advice. Thanks..

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2024, 07:46:55 PM »

Have a cooling bath with no soap or bubbles.  Put the YesVM to 1 side for a while. Later this evening insert some 'ovestin' into the vagina with the applicator as comfy as you feel, as well as smearing a little on the vulval area, which should be soothing.  Over the clitoris too.  A small smear of 'ovestin' helps to keep my vulval area comfortable; in the labia region, down as far as my bottom .  Or KY jelly on the outer area can help too.

Let us know how you get on.  When I get the need2P feelings I swallow two Nurofen 3 times a day to ease that nip as the urine flow shuts off.