Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: anger sadness mixed emotions  (Read 512 times)

Jnine

anger sadness mixed emotions
« on: April 25, 2024, 01:12:01 PM »

Hello Ladies
I am in need of advice, I am 52 and been on hrt for 1.5years. I take utrogestan x 12 days and the estrodial gel daily 1 pump. I don't have any hot flushes or night sweats thank goodness but I do have terrible pmt, raging anger and sadness most of the time. (I am also taking citalopram 20mg which I have been on for around 20 years for anxiety)  I have terrible pmt starting around 8 days prior to my withdraw bleed. I went to my doc late last year to discuss my hrt regime and I realised I was not taking the correct dose something more like 1 pump split between 2 arms. I felt hesitant to swap to patches as the doc said not all hrt works and you need to find the one that does so said I will apply correct dose and see what happens. during this time I was also traveling long distance so I didn't actually get a withdrawal bleed for 3 months and was panicking that I was somehow pregnant! I wasnt and the bleed finally came 3 months later. to get to the point I am still not feeling better mood wise and I have just had a bleed but I still have 5 days worth of utrogestan to take so not sure what's happening to me?  I feel scared to go back to doc to change my hrt  or even increase the estrodial as I don't want to suffer further upheaval but I feel so miserable!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: anger sadness mixed emotions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 07:47:46 PM »

Which symptom did U want to ease B4 beginning HRT?   MayB it's time to give your body a break if you have all these symptoms. 

How is your diet overall?  Sometimes eating little and often can help, certainly with PMT.  I was given that advice by the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome [NAPS], every 3 hours 24/7.  Keeps energy levels even is important. 

Jnine

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 02:32:03 PM »

thank you so, much for your reply! I started on hrt to ease my anger and mood symptoms as they are acute, the hrt has not worked for me as I would have liked. I have a good diet eat well but maybe drink too much wine  ;D I am going to make an appointment with my doc!! I thought going on hrt would be beneficial  was I have heard that you can suffer from bone density problems if your not on hrt amongst other health issues that arise as with age.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 02:45:23 PM »

Brisk walking can ease any bone issues.  It can also relieve some anxiety.  Me: I used to kick doors  :-\  :o and throw things, though nothing of value  ;D. It was certainly pre-menstrual for me, issues that I could deal with suddenly generated extreme anger.  Once the bleed began the anger would go.  PHEW!

Eating every 3 hours can keep blood sugar levels even, a dip in energy may well affect moods.  Think of small babies/toddlers that we see in supermarkets around lunch time, bawling and screaming.  HUNGRY and they want feeding now.

Whilst HRT may protect heart and bones, a good diet and regular exercise should be enough especially if 1 doesn't smoke.  Some find that they have to give up alcohol due to side effects or that the taste alters  ::).  Could you go alcohol free for 4 weeks?  U don't have to justify yourself to any1 ;-).