Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 460 times)

JoannFran

Palpitations
« on: April 25, 2024, 04:41:26 PM »

Hello everyone

I'm having bad palpitations frequently (ectopic beats mainly).  Have had them for the past few years (am 48 and peri).  I always get them everyday but sometimes only 10 or so times (which I can totally cope with) and sometimes (like today) they seem to be continuous. I've seen multiple cardiologists over the last 3 years.  Have had ALL the tests done and been told benign ectopics.  I'm on Propranalol for anxiety (which helps) but I'm at my absolute wits end.  They are truly ruining my life and I'm not sure what to do.  I don't seem to be able to accept them and I can't imagine spending another 30 years feeling like this  :'(.

I've been on HRT for 18 months and have slowly worked my way up to 100 evorel patches.  also on 200mg Utro for 2 weeks and Testosterone cream.  I should say that my anxiety and palpitations really settled down for around 6 months after being on the 100 patches but now seems to be back with a vengeance.  Do i need more estrogen?  Less?

Has anyone experienced this and found something that helps?  I also take magnesium glycinate.

Any advice would be very very appreciated.  Thank you xx

DottyD68

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 05:18:42 PM »

Hi JoannFran,

It is such a tricky balancing act especially as your own hormones fluctuate.

I found my anxiety and palpitations were bad when I was on 4 pumps of gel but when I reduced the gel the palpitations pretty much disappeared (I get the odd episode but nothing like it was). The anxiety also reduced but I'm currently going through another phase of high anxiety and low mood. I wonder if it is my own hormones fluctuating and other stuff going on in my life (carng for elderly parents which I find very stressful).

Maybe you could try going down to a 75 patch?