Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice please: Peach Fuzz & Facial dryness  (Read 915 times)

Midge204

• First Flush
Advice please: Peach Fuzz & Facial dryness
« on: April 28, 2024, 01:27:48 AM »

Can I get help please. I'm new to the site, trying to find my way around! Sorry if this is in the wrong place! ::)

Does anyone know if HRT helps stop peach fuzz growing?

Also does it halt or improve facial dryness?

Does anyone shave peach fuzz? If so does it growth back thicker or darker? Mine's started growing noticibly long but terrified to tackle it!

Can anyone suggest which facial skin care products help with dry, crepey skin or links that have already discussed this?

Thank you in advance!  :)❤️

Hurdity

Re: Advice please: Peach Fuzz & Facial dryness
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 08:33:38 AM »

Hi Midge

:welcomemm:

Don't worry about posting in the wrong place - admin will move it if necessary.

But - what is "peach fuzz"? I've never heard of it!!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 08:45:21 AM »

Morning - have answered on your 1st thread ........ 'cos I can't remember what I've said otherwise  ;D. Peach fuss is ......... >moving over to original thread<
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 10:17:15 AM by CLKD »

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 09:12:16 AM »

Never heard of peach fuzz, you will have to educate us, Midge  :)

AngelaH

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 11:02:47 AM »

Peach fuzz is the name given to the soft, small hairs also known as vellus hair that can be anywhere on your body (except the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet). Most often, peach fuzz refers to those little baby hairs on your face, especially your upper lip, cheek, or chin.
https://www.naircare.com/en/education/what-is-peach-fuzz-and-how-to-remove-vellus-hair-on-face#:~:text=Peach%20fuzz%20is%20the%20name,lip%2C%20cheek%2C%20or%20chin.

AngelaH

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 11:22:29 AM »

I had peach fuzz all my life, normally I just waxed it. Since I became post meno it stopped growing, I don’t have it on my upper lip anymore at all (I used to have before). I am not on traditional HRT, just on the low dose of estriol + progesterone , it seems does not effect it at all.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 01:25:37 PM »

Each hair has its own follicle so shaving won't encourage thicker growth - that's a myth. 

If it's pale leave well alone, using a good moisturiser when the skin is dry: I find 'vaseline' in the yellow bottle good for all over including hands and face.  'Nivea' is my other go-to which is thicker and takes longer for the skin to absorb. 

I explained peach fuzz in your original thread.  Waxing on the face skin is brutal, as it's thinner and different to other bodily areas.  The long hairs over my face are black with thick white 1s or pale fuzz. 

AngelaH

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 02:14:45 PM »

I shave my legs and to be honest I would not like to have the same result on my face. :o

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 07:22:27 PM »

Hi.

The most simple way to remove peach fuzz is with a dermaplaning blade. I buy the Lilibeth brand. The original dermablade. Ì get them from amazon but loads of places sell them. About a tenner for 2.

Super easy to use. Hair grows back the same as it was before. I use it on my peach fuzz and top lip hair. Simples. It's very satisfying to see all the hair, dead skin, sebum gunk all get gently scraped off lol ;D

I'm massively sensitive and intolerant to 99% of skin care. Rarely use anything except La Roche-Posay cleanser, rose water and a tiny bit of Aveeno calm+restore oat gel moisturiser when skin is really dry. Makeup very occasionally and only organic, clean makeup.

I wish I could use products to support my dry aging skin but I have rosacea and the most intolerant skin possible so unfortunately I do what I can and that's that.

All the best x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 07:30:46 PM »

I would nourish first and leave well alone re shaving.

Midge204

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 03:20:56 AM »

Hello,
Thank you all for your replies! Very appreciated!

'Peach fuzz' for me is soft, long dark blonde, downy hairs from my ears right down across my jaw line and up my cheeks now.
They grow where a man gets a beard basically.

Mine have started growing very noticibly long, my grown children (men) joke I need a shave, it's becoming embarrassing. I also get long growing thick black hairs (and thick white) around the sides of my mouth and darker hairs on my top lip that I pluck, they're horrible.

Dorothy Gale, my skin is sensitive too, I use Clinique, pink moisture surge cream but it isn't enough to tackle the 'crepey' skin I'm getting or dry scaly patches on my cheeks.

Ive heard of skin treatments on TV advertising hyaluronic acid, retinol, etc, just wondered if anyone found they actually helped.

I will try the dermablade as the hair is very noticible and making me self conscious, I might look into waxing, not sure I feel brave enough to try it! After having legs done many years ago, vowed to never wax anything again!  ;D (Wuss!)

Thanks again for all your replies.❤️

Ps, AngelaH thank you for the link, found it very informative!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 03:31:33 AM by Midge204 »

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 07:31:40 AM »

Your sons need a  :kick:.  My husband doesn't even notice mine!

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2024, 08:42:07 AM »

Honestly, try the derma blades. They are so incredibly gentle on the skin, no pain, no redness after....they just gently take away all that peach fuzz in seconds and you'll be amazed. I'm sure there will be YouTube videos on how to use so you can see. Just type in derma blades for face or something like that!....but it couldn't be simpler. I'd stay clear of waxing on sensitive skin. It's incredibly aggressive. Try the derma blades first. You can use on your top lip.

I use them on the fine hairs that go down by the sides of my mouth and above my lip. Mine aren't dark hair but does the same job, dark or fair. Even on my sensitive skin, I experience no reaction as its so gentle if used correctly.

Oh..just remember seeing adverts for a hair remover by JML. Very gentle. Looks a bit like a lipstick. That would be good so maybe look I to that. Very gentle.

Liz Earle do a wonderful range for mature skin called Superskin. It's much richer and specially for our age. I suspect your skin needs extra moisture now as it does as we girls age. Their ingredients are superb. All botanical.

Alot of drugstore brands are full of chemicals and fragrance that can make sensitive, menopausal skin react. The thinning of the skin and lack of estrogen can make sensitive skin even more reactive. It definitely has with mine for sure. So, I'd go for something more intensive but I'd avoid retinol etc as they can be pretty harsh. But obvs up to you.

Just try and go for kinder skin care products with ingredients that are more natural and nourishing rather than drugstore ones you see advertised on telly.....full of nasty chemicals!

Try Liz Earle superskin maybe. I'd go for the fragrance free option just because fragrance can react. QVC have amazing prices on Liz Earle but Boots stock it and other better stores. Just a suggestion anyway.

And try one thing at a time. Piling on different products to tackle an issue often causes more issues. Go gentle. Our skin is so much more delicate now.

Lots of water too! Hugely important if skin is super dry.

All the best x

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 08:52:26 AM by Dorothy Gale »