Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding advice  (Read 978 times)

Scottish lass

Bleeding advice
« on: April 25, 2024, 09:47:09 AM »

I'm sorry I can't find my original post but I have been having problems since January with bleeding. I am on hrt patches and vagifem. I have been on both individually with minimal issues but now on together and it is driving me nuts and actually starting to affect how I feel about myself. I have been for a transvaginal ultrasound and everything was fine but bleeding still there! My bleeding is definitely worse if I am stressed and I then stress about bleeding. Is it because I am on 2 types of hrt? If it is I would happily deal with insomnia rather than VA symptoms. I have a GP appointment in 3 weeks but does anyone have any ideas? It is really starting to get me down

sheila99

Re: Bleeding advice
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:44:58 AM »

Are you peri or meno? What patches ate you on? Sequi or conti? How long have you been on it? It's the progesterone that needs to be sorted out. The best option for problem bleeding is usually a mirena. Double dose utrogestan can be used too. Tranexamic acid can be used to stop it if it's  bad. Your gp may want you to have a scan in case it's caused by fibroids etc.

Booroo

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 10:45:51 AM »

Welcome
Vagifem is for local oestrogen what patches u on is it a combi ?

Scottish lass

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2024, 12:03:11 PM »

I am on conti patches and vagifem 2x weekly. I have had a scan already. Been going on since new year

Booroo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 03:07:37 PM »

It’s all a pain isn’t it? I’m doing the dance of tried this don’t work what’s next regime gets v boring.
I use vagirux 5/7 days as agreed as was very sore and burning but if u r bleeding still it maybe need to up more often of that or patches not working?x

Scottish lass

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 03:57:53 PM »

BooRoo it is messing with my head!! I am tempted just to cold turkey on the patches and just treat the va but .........

Booroo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 04:02:34 PM »

How long on patches? U could do that and just treat va first and then reinstate the latches when bleed stopped if it’s not that? Seriously drives u nuts doesn’t it?x

Scottish lass

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 07:22:20 PM »

BooRoo I was on patches only for nearly a year with only one episode of bleeding but wasn't convinced it was doing a lot for me so I stopped them and switched to vagifem as my va symptoms were horrendous. At my first check in  GP said as I should do both because of my insomnia and low mood/lack of motivation. I had been on citalapram and worked really hard to get off it and ok in me but I can't live with this bleeding. It isn't heavy but I use pads/liners every day as I just don't trust what might happen. It interferes with my relationship and I am convinced even with good hygiene that I am not as clean as I should be .

Scottish lass

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 07:54:03 PM »

I have to wait a month to see the GP (my restrictions not theirs) do I just stop my patches and see what happens?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 07:55:25 PM »

VA treatment can be used every night to keep symptoms under control, it's about managing the symptoms of low oestrogen causing the body to become dry: inside and out.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 07:49:57 PM »

For some women bleeding always seems to be an issue with conti HRT. I had regular bouts of bleeding whilst on evorel conti over several years. Finally had a mirena to try to control it, as advised this was my best / only option if I wanted to continue on HRT. I will wait and see if it works as nearly 5 weeks on I have constant light bleeding but maybe because it's a new regime.

Scottish lass

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 07:32:03 PM »

Thankyou Shropshire lass for making me feel slightly less strange and mad. As I have a month until my GP appointment I am tempted to stop my patches and continue with vagifem see if symptoms improve