Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Continuous Utrogestan or not?  (Read 553 times)

Sparkle73

• First Flush
Continuous Utrogestan or not?
« on: April 22, 2024, 11:45:09 AM »

Hello Ladies, I have been on HRT for a year now,  and just had my review.   They told me to continue as normal,  which is 3 x lenzetto spray and Utrogestan on day 15.
Shouldn't I be on continuous Utrogestan now I've been on HRT for a year? I do still have regular periods 4 days after my last dose of Utrogestan, however how do you know if this is a natural bleed or because of the Utrogestan? I am 51. What should I do,  continue as I am or speak to the doctor again? Thanks ladies.

sheila99

Re: Continuous Utrogestan or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 01:59:40 PM »

The guidelines say that you CAN try conti after a year not that you have to. If you use it too soon you're very likely to have breakthrough bleeding. If you were peri a year ago it's unlikely you're meno now as your own periods won't have stopped the day you started hrt. Do you want conti utro to help with sleep? Perhaps the 25 days out of 28 might be an option? For me hrt induced bleeds are washed out ones - no pmt, very light and very short. It may be different for you though.

Sparkle73

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 02:07:51 PM »

My sleep is pretty poor, so taking it continuously could be beneficial,  however does this help with sleep if only taking 1 capsule a day? My periods are only two days, however I get quite light headed and just feel off a few days before (generally once I've stopped Utrogestan). Thanks for your help.

JoannFran

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 02:05:48 PM »

Hi

I am also considering utro continuously (or 25 days out of 28). I'm 48 and peri, have been on HRT for 18 months. My meno Dr has ok'd this. I'm just trying to build up the courage to try it.  I don't feel great on the utro part of HRT and I've read lots about anxiety and mood getting better with continuous, I guess there's only one way to find out!  I seem to get withdrawal symptoms for the few days after utro so I'm hoping that might ease with a lower does continuously too.  Trial and error I guess  ::)

Keep is update and let us know what you decide. xx