Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem fillers  (Read 1444 times)

Patsie

Vagifem fillers
« on: April 22, 2024, 02:18:51 PM »

Hi,

I had a bad atrophy flare up in January after opening a new packet of Vagifem but did not connect this with the flare up.  I am now 3 months on and still struggling but finding that if I go without the pessary for a couple of days it appears to feel better. 

Does anyone know if the manufacturer has recently changed the prescription for the fillers as my discomfort is always later in the morning the next day. Not sure how to carry on as still need the topical oestrogen so wondering whether to ask for Ovestin which I have never tried as I use estriol 0.01 which is a lower strength.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem fillers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 04:15:10 PM »

It may be that your vagina was very dry, although sometimes people do find that the fillers aggravate.  MayB try 'ovestin' and use for the next 2-3 weeks.  Occaionslly it is necessary to put a moisturiser  or KY Jelly  on the end of the applicator to ease it in as far as is comfy. 

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 06:41:31 PM »

I haven't noticed any change in the Vagifem pessaries but they are extremely hard and slow to dissolve and perhaps that's the reason for the discomfort.
Are you using a moisturiser, if not it really will help. Perhaps Ovestin cream might be a better choice for you eventually.

Orba

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 05:49:36 PM »

Hi, I've thought this recently. I had been using Vagifem for 2 years 2-3 times a week with loading dose as required then a few months ago I started to get bladder issues especially the day  after using. Frequency and aggrevation best describes my symptoms. I swapped to Ovestin but it was messy and burned a bit . I'm now on imvaggis and it suits me better as it's a waxy bullet pessary that's more soothing.
I've recently seen a urogynae  and she suggested it could be the plastic applicator irritating the bladder wall as I have a prolapse.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:48 PM »

What has been suggested about the prolapse Orba?  I don't find 'ovestin' messy  ;D because my vaginal walls have absorbed the replacement.

Orba

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 07:38:57 AM »

What has been suggested about the prolapse Orba?  I don't find 'ovestin' messy  ;D because my vaginal walls have absorbed the replacement.
I still use Ovestin on vulval areas mixed with YES  but wasn't as keen internally !
I actually have a rectocele and cystocele and am awaiting a repair for the first as it's a grade 3.
I think trying to navigate the vagifem applicator past prolapsed tissue is what caused the problem.
Gynae has recommended GP prescribe Intrarosa -if on local formulary - which I don't think it is in my area as asked already !