Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: perimenopause - 45 and no bleeding?  (Read 461 times)

Maruuna

perimenopause - 45 and no bleeding?
« on: April 26, 2024, 02:22:57 AM »

Hello everyone,

after I had one initial topic here in 'new members' and was welcomed so warmly and friendly, I'd like to ask all of you a specific question concerning perimenopause.
as mentioned in the other thread I've had a multitude of changing symptoms for about the past 6-9 months, but now, something new for a change  ::)

I'm 45, and after my cycle has been super punctual, regular and uncomplicated ever since I was around 20, everything changed last autumn. Suddenly my periods became irrelgular in the way of
one cycle being only 21 days, the next being 48 days, the next being normal again with 28 days and so on...

Now my last period started on February 21st, seemed 'normal', and since then - nothing much. I had 3-4 days of spotting on March 9th (so at day 19, and the following few days) and since then, nothing more. Which means, if I counting the spotting as period, I'd now be on cycle day 49, but if not (and it really was just a tiny bit of spotting for the few days) then I'd be on cycle day 67 now, so I missed a cycle?
Did this happen to anyone else at just 45? I read pretty much everywhere that several months of no bleeding is a sign that only appears in late perimenopause way later than at my age? And my symptoms just started quite suddenly 6-8 months ago. So, is this normal?

Also I did have several symptoms I know from the past that normally announce the period (migraine, a little cramping and backpain etc) - but that just went away without the bleeding.

Thanks for your advice!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 02:24:42 AM by Maruuna »

Bandango42

Re: perimenopause - 45 and no bleeding?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 06:06:06 AM »

Hi there

I had 3 months of no bleeding at age 42 which is when I started hrt. I'm 44 now and well into peri so I think it's totally normal to miss a few cycles when you're peri.

Hope that helps xx

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 10:10:40 AM »

Menopause can happen at any age. 'Average age' is just the average, there will always be people outside it. I was on the other end, still pretty regular when I went on hrt at 57 despite the NHS telling me everyone is meno by 54. Your body will do what it likes regardless.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 12:10:19 PM »

My periods waxed and waned for several years.  Then stopped.  Apart from vaginal atrophy I haven't required HRT.  The Change - does what it says on the tin  ::)

Maruuna

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 12:58:51 AM »

thank you both, well, I was thinking that but the one not so brilliant gyn I've been to lately (story in my initial thread) simply denied this could happen at my age and 'would only occur later, not in perimenopause but in 'real menopause' above 50 earliest'. I've had that experience several times now that gyns are fixed on that 'age 50' tagline and just deny anything when you are 'too young'.

Thanks, I'll just wait and see when my period wants to return...